F1 Forum with chat about the latest Formula 1 news from around the World.
May 28, 2017, 09:02:51 PM by Dare
Views: 142 | Comments: 3
Congrats to Sato
May 28, 2017, 08:44:35 PM by Dare
Views: 80 | Comments: 1
By Kimi's words he thinks he was screwed....Symonds thought
otherwise but before the race even started a few in chat thought
this would happen
May 25, 2017, 08:30:03 PM by Scott
Views: 193 | Comments: 3
Good for them, but I would have tried to sign some extra sponsors just for that race.
May 25, 2017, 04:01:25 PM by J.Clark
Views: 335 | Comments: 8
No one has posted a preview - I don't have the time.
Here are the Friday Free Practice times, or should say Thursday since it is Monaco:
1. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari - Ferrari 1m 12.720s
2. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Red Bull - TAG 1m 13.207s
3. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari - Ferrari 1m 13.283s
4. Daniil Kvyat RUS Toro Rosso-Renault 1m 13.331s
5. Carlos Sainz ESP Toro Rosso-Renault 1m 13.400s
6. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull - TAG 1m 13.486s
7. Sergio Perez MEX Force India-Mercedes 1m 13.799s
8. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes - Mercedes 1m 13.873s
9. Kevin Magnussen DEN Haas-Ferrari 1m 13.890s
10. Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes - Mercedes 1m 13.902s
11. Stoffel Vandoorne BEL McLaren-Honda 1m 13.946s
12. Jenson Button GBR McLaren-Honda 1m 13.981s
13. Felipe Massa BRA Williams - Mercedes 1m 14.003s
14. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari 1m 14.022s
15. Esteban Ocon FRA Force India-Mercedes 1m 14.093s
16. Lance Stroll CAN Williams - Mercedes 1m 14.474s
17. Nico Hulkenberg GER Renault - Renault 1m 14.870s
18. Jolyon Palmer GBR Renault - Renault 1m 15.616s
19. Marcus Ericsson SWE Sauber - Ferrari 1m 15.691s
20. Pascal Wehrlein GER Sauber - Ferrari 1m 15.695s
Some interesting results here, none-the-least-of-which is that the Mercs are so far down the sheet.
Both STRs in the top five
May 25, 2017, 12:16:59 PM by cosworth151
Views: 460 | Comments: 9
Zak Brown, the Executive Director of McLaren, has called for F1 to return to The Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
"Formula 1 at IMS works," Brown said. "I think they've changed the configuration of the track a little bit. I think it makes sense for Formula 1 to be at the world's greatest racetrack. I think the city of Indianapolis is well-catered to take care of Formula 1, just like it did in the past, and Super Bowl.
"I think the drivers like it. I think Indianapolis is easy to get to geographically. I realize it may not have the glamour of some of the other markets that are being spoken about, but it's here, it's ready to go. I think economically, given that (new F1 owner) Liberty (Media) is taking a different view on some of their future partnerships, I think there is an opportunity there. Personally, I'd like to see it happen."
I couldn't have said it better myself.