collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: USA Elections  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: USA Elections
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
Not very accurate, either. Empires such as Rome fell when they were taken over by a small group of elitists interested only in enriching themselves. That's exactly what far right groups like the one who produced the ad want. In Rome, they were known as the Publicans. Sounds eerily familiar.

Also, the largest part of our debt to China is from people going to WalMart and buying Chinese crap instead of going to a reputable merchant and buying American made goods.

Was it Lenin or Stalin who said he would happily sell the capitalist the rope to hang himself?

China seems to have taken that idea to heart far better than the Soviets ever managed.

One thing I never quite understood, is that WalMart is seen as some sort of lowclass, low brow store, and yet like half of the top 20 richest Americans are heirs to Sam Walton.  Why are other superrich people admired, but not the Walmart folk?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:44 PM »
Sorry I don't remember the exact number, but the Chinese own low single digits of the debt. The biggest share is owned by the American people in the form of Savings Bonds, the next largest by Social Security. Just demonstrates that the Republicans are not afraid of the "Big Lie". Just like they made it seem like the debt was all Obama's fault when in fact most of it was run up by St Ronald Reagan and GW Bush.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »
Was it Lenin or Stalin who said he would happily sell the capitalist the rope to hang himself?

Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev said that the Soviet Union would bury us. His son Sergei is an American citizen.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 10:10:04 PM »
There is no left in US mainstream politics.  There's centre right (the Democrats), and right wing (the Republicans).  I'm not a fan of either, but at least the Democrats don't have as extreme a social and foreign policy agenda as the Republicans, so the result is the best that I could have hoped for.

Ian: I teach and research European politics, and the EU is horribly misrepresented by the right wing, the media, and by the ghastly Nigel Farrage.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ian

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »
Irisado, I am not going to get into a political argument on the forum, so the most I am going to say is that in my opinion the EU and the ECHR should be kicked into touch.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:22:10 AM by Ian »
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19:31 AM »
Irisado, I am not going to get into a political argument on the forum, so the most I am going to say is that in my opinion the EU and the UCHR should be kicked into touch.

Ian surely you mean ECHR (European convention on Human rights) and in particular the court ECtHR; established to hear cases of possible violation, by states, of the convention?

I believe 'uchr' is a moniker for a Unicode keyboard-layout resource used by Apple on their Mac machines. Whilst I know Apple have many detractors I'm not aware of any serious protest movement against Mac development tools.  :D

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:27:23 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
Hehe, well spotted John, thanks.  :DD  :DD

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
Irisado, I am not going to get into a political argument on the forum, so the most I am going to say is that in my opinion the EU and the UCHR should be kicked into touch.

I believe 'uchr' is a moniker for a Unicode keyboard-layout resource used by Apple on their Mac machines. Whilst I know Apple have many detractors I'm not aware of any serious protest movement against Mac development tools.  :D

:DD :DD :DD :DD

Well spotted John.. :good: :good:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »
Irisado, I am not going to get into a political argument on the forum, so the most I am going to say is that in my opinion the EU and the ECHR should be kicked into touch.

I don't really know what you mean by kicked into touch in this context, but assuming that it's negative, I'll just say that I disagree, and leave it at that :).
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 05:19:15 AM »
Wizzo we could have a new board called Battle it out with our best..

Ian - Football is the best game in the world
        EU is the best thing ever happen to Europe

Cos - Austin track is the new home of F1 in USA
        V6 turbo is the best engine ever sanctioned by FIA

Monty - Schumacher is the best

Other are invited to create their own arena of fight as well..

What do you think??

[P.S I hope Ian, Cos and Monty does not take it personally, I respect their opinions, and want them to be just the way they are..]
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »
BD, don't worry, I don't take anything personally on here because we are always pulling each others legs, mind you, Scott did get me on a good one once, I took the lot, hook, bait, line and sinker.  :DD  :DD  :DD

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Fie on thee, knave!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:29 PM »
Who me?  Never...  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »
Yeah you Scott, that was a good one, I flipped.  :good:  :good:  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle