collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Where will Alonso drive next year?

Mercedes
0 (0%)
Mclaren
4 (80%)
Ferrari
0 (0%)
Williams
0 (0%)
Lotus
1 (20%)
The Spanish Riviera (no drive)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: November 01, 2014, 11:17:18 AM

Author Topic: Alonso in 2015  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Scott

Alonso in 2015
« on: October 12, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »
Fun speculation...

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

Re: Alonso in 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:55:12 PM »
Ron likes to go for the two best drivers available. I think Alonso will end up at McLaren with Button.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:18:11 PM »
I don't see why Alonso wouldn't end up at McLaren-Honda

However... if Alonso is insisting on his continued salary without Santander's backing, he's not going to get it.

He's going to have to decide if he is willing to take a pay cut to drive race cars.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:26:08 PM »
I suspect Honda is willing to pick up his retainer...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:14 PM »

Pit lane reporter Ted Kraviz on Sky is convinced Nando is setting up a various batch of big name Spanish sponsors to back him returning to Enstone, his price from the Lotus team is co-ownership of the revamped outfit.

Having failed to emulate previous multiple WDCs, who've won titles in different cars, perhaps Nando has now set his sights on matching 'Black Jack' by shooting for a title in a car of his own construction.  ;) 

Team Alonso or Alonso F1 doesn't have much of a ring,  anyone got any other name ideas?   :D   

..........ooh how about F1 Fernando, or Fi Fo for short.   :P

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

Pit lane reporter Ted Kraviz on Sky is convinced Nando is setting up a various batch of big name Spanish sponsors to back him returning to Enstone, his price from the Lotus team is co-ownership of the revamped outfit.

Having failed to emulate previous multiple WDCs, who've won titles in different cars, perhaps Nando has now set his sights on matching 'Black Jack' by shooting for a title in a car of his own construction.  ;) 

Team Alonso or Alonso F1 doesn't have much of a ring,  anyone got any other name ideas?   :D   

..........ooh how about F1 Fernando, or Fi Fo for short.   :P

I do like the idea of Alonso starting a trend of active drivers buying into F1 teams.  If he's successful, I can imagine Hamilton following suit for sure.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »
As the saying goes...How to make a small fortune in racing?  Start with a large one.  Only Jackie Stewart bucked that trend, and he wasn't distracted by trying to drive the car.  I think the drivers themselves know the chances of succeeding at team ownership are practically nil.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 03:06:41 AM »
As the saying goes...How to make a small fortune in racing?  Start with a large one.  Only Jackie Stewart bucked that trend, and he wasn't distracted by trying to drive the car.  I think the drivers themselves know the chances of succeeding at team ownership are practically nil.

Sure, but AlonsoF1 could have a WDC at no cost

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
It has to be McLaren.  Button and Magnussen were both really depressed all weekend, and while it could have been because of Bianchi's condition, it struck me as being more than that.  Maybe they've both been told that they're no longer required, and that Alonso is coming in to lead the team?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
 :DD :DD  If it's not going to be Ferrari making the announcement that Alonso is out of Ferrari at the end of the year, it will be Luca.  Good for him.  I wonder if this isn't another unexpected surprise in Alonso's master plan (not that it wasn't plain to everyone).

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
It has to be McLaren.  Button and Magnussen were both really depressed all weekend, and while it could have been because of Bianchi's condition, it struck me as being more than that.  Maybe they've both been told that they're no longer required, and that Alonso is coming in to lead the team?

On reflection of your post I think you could have something, my new guess is that Eric has won the argument with Ron to bring his protégée 'wrecker' Roman to partner Nando at Macca. I'm sure Grosjean would be happy to sign on for now as Alonso's number 2 to get into the big league.  ;) 

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:43:18 PM »
Interesting thought about Grosjean John.  I'd forgotten that he hadn't resigned for Lotus yet.  You could be on to something there.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Looks like the Alonso deal is just about done.  2+1 years at Mclaren. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29888406

That brings up three questions from me.

1)  What about Button?  Has Magnussen really brought everything Mclaren wants?  I sort of doubt it.  I think it would be a shame to ditch Button, but on the other hand I would be happy to see Button and Webber as teammates.

2)  What about Dennis?  If Ron is still going to be there for Alonso's contract duration, are there going to be all kinds of rules of conduct for both?  Flavio is going to have to hire an interpreter so Alonso doesn't have to speak directly to Dennis.  Or is Ron on his way out?

3)  Wonder what kind of performance clauses there will be in his contract.  I imagine it will be quite strict, in that if the Honda doesn't perform out of the box, then Alonso will have rights to move on after one year.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »

Well at least it will bring to an end radio messages in Italian between the team and Nando.  :D   

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 06:45:36 AM »
Doesn't Ron own a big fat chunk of Macca, making it difficult to force him out? I think it's Button on the way out. Ron feels Jens is on the downhill slope where Magnussen is the future.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle