collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 579
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mclarlen:no decision till Dec.  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Dare

Mclarlen:no decision till Dec.
« on: November 19, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
Shows no respect for Jensen or Mag by making them wait

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/11/16639.html

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Mclarlen:no decision till Dec.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:46 PM »
'We don't want them both, but we want to be sure that they don't drive for any of are rivals, either."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »
seems really unfair. This reduces the drivers abilities to secure contracts anywhere for next season. I would think (hope) Jenson has several options but teams in all series like to have their driver line up agreed early so they can push the pre-season marketing.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
seems really unfair. This reduces the drivers abilities to secure contracts anywhere for next season. I would think (hope) Jenson has several options but teams in all series like to have their driver line up agreed early so they can push the pre-season marketing.

They're certainly welcome to sign anywhere they like, or take a risk with McLaren.

As long as McLaren has told the drivers about this timing behind closed doors, it's no big deal.

If they're negotiating through the media, I don't like it.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
Not really a good way to treat a World champ, Jens is stuck between a rock and a hard place about getting to bow out gracefully.

Getting the plaudits he deserves in front of a full F1 audience, if this really is his last F1 race, is not much to ask from such a good F1 & team player.

So come on McLaren do the decent thing and let all us fans know  >:(
- after all it's for all us lot that the whole F1 show exists.  :P     

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »
It's not very fair from McLaren at all really.  They don't need to have collected all this 'data' from the last race, that was just 'Ron speak'.  They need to take a decision now.  They have all the information that they could possibly need.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 05:51:15 AM »
I think they will release Button and don't want him in another car next year.
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
To me it makes no sense not to retain JB, he is experienced, knows how Honda work and has had the better of Magnussen throughout the season, but hey, what do I know?  JB and Alonso would lead to a consistent charge for McLaren Honda in their first season in this new era.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 03:51:31 PM »
To me it makes no sense not to retain JB, he is experienced, knows how Honda work and has had the better of Magnussen throughout the season, but hey, what do I know?  JB and Alonso would lead to a consistent charge for McLaren Honda in their first season in this new era.

Totally agree.  Mclaren are behaving very strangely with regards to next year's drivers.  Starting to hope they fail miserably with their Honda experiment.  Jenson deserves the drive, period.  He did his job better.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 04:33:13 PM »
Given my choice to partner Alonso, in a Honda powered car, I would keep Button if for nothing more than the two facts: 1) he has a relationship with Honda; 2) he has a vast amount of experience in F1 and in particular with the dynamics of changes to power units from one manufacturer to another.

I would not be the least bit surprised to hear that he is in talks with other teams though.  If we can figure out he will likely be the one they let go, and particularly since they are withholding their decision, other teams have smelled blood in the water and I am certain that one or more of them have been making some offers.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 05:50:22 AM »

Totally agree.  Mclaren are behaving very strangely with regards to next year's drivers.  Starting to hope they fail miserably with their Honda experiment.  Jenson deserves the drive, period.  He did his job better.

At the Abu Dhabi test, the McLaren-Honda failed to complete a single timed lap. Software problems.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

Re: Mclarlen: no decision till Dec.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30338721

It's all up to Ron Dennis, apparently.  There seems to be a lot of discord at the management level within McLaren at the moment.

My view is that they should stop shuffling around and dithering, and just take Button.  They'll have a much better chance of sorting out the car and the engine with two experienced drivers.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle