collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brawn Back to Ferrari?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline cosworth151

Brawn Back to Ferrari?
« on: November 22, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »
At the end of Q1 today @ Yas Marina, Sky reported an "unsubstantiated rumor" the Ross Brawn will return to Ferrari next season. Within moments, Ross tweeted "Not true."

Still, that would be just what the Prancing Horse needs.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

Re: Brawn Back to Ferrari?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »
As they say, most rumors in F1 are found to be true. I hope this is untrue. A step back for Ross.
He has nothing to prove with Ferrari so why would he go back.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:42 PM »
Same here...much rather him take on a new challenge like Mclaren.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
As they say, most rumors in F1 are found to be true. I hope this is untrue. A step back for Ross.
He has nothing to prove with Ferrari so why would he go back.

Nothing to prove?

Sometimes it's nice to just do something you're good at, and be appreciated for it.  Not everyone in F1 needs to have some sort of agenda.

Brawn has earned his pick of F1 jobs, or to live as a spectator.  It's true he has nothing to prove, but that shouldn't dictate his career choices.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
I doubt Brawn will go back to Ferrari, especially not with the team management in such disarray at the moment.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
I miss his presence in the paddock, but I can't see him going back to Ferrari.  Not only are thing in total disarray, part of his leaving Ferrari was because of how they treated Michael, the beginning of the end of the dynasty.

I would thoroughly enjoy having him back, maybe even at Williams; although, that is not likely.

I could see him going to a mid-pack team with a decent driver line-up though, if they had the finances to make the team a top contender.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Willy

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »
Jeri, the statement was a relative term to show that it would be a step back for Ross. What can he achieve there that he has not done before or better with his own team for that matter.
I would love to see Ross back in the paddock as I admire him and his integrity and talents.
He will return when a situation arrives that offers a unique challenge and not just a walk down memory lane.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:58 PM »
Jeri, the statement was a relative term to show that it would be a step back for Ross. What can he achieve there that he has not done before or better with his own team for that matter.
I would love to see Ross back in the paddock as I admire him and his integrity and talents.
He will return when a situation arrives that offers a unique challenge and not just a walk down memory lane.

Sorry, I do know what you mean.

I'm just pointing out that his career choices don't need to be dicated by a checklist.  There's nothing wrong with taking a step backwards, and we shouldn't consider it 'beneath him' to do a job he's done in the past.  (There are plenty of good reasons for him not to return to Ferrari, as others have pointed out.  However, I think if he were to return, he'd be the man to cleanup those reasons.)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
I do belive the call of F1 job will be far more lucrative than a mere spectator for a person stature of Ross Brawn. But there is understandable reasons for not grabbing the opportunity, because his health is not as good as the Jordan days, and you have to remember, its a very stressful job, with loads of travel, meeting, late night works and also the added pressure of being able to keep the reputation. He may not have to prove his worth, but he would never let it slip away. Also the issue of his health as well as spending time with his family. He have been down the road for many long years, now he may choose to see his grandchild make the dash to the pole, rather than mechanizing a fast racing driver to grab the pole position.

You have earned the leave Mr. Ross Brawn, along you have also earned admiration, respect and dignity that will be there with you forever. Choose as it pleases you, but we would love a guy with headphone and a pair of glass in the paddock again.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle