collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 289
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The axe falls at Ferrari,again  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Dare

The axe falls at Ferrari,again
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Monty

Re: The axe falls at Ferrari,again
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
When I read that Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis are to leave the team my first thought was who would replace them. At the moment the answer is nobody! So Ferrari have changed the management, strengthened the commercial team and reduced the technical team and this is all being done because the recent cars were not competitive. I think someone is missing the point!

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
I agree Monty, unless it's a prelude to a Brawn announcement, it seems a bit daft considering the '15 car should be almost finished anyhow and they had better have someone in place who understands the car for development.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
I think they have decided to do root and branch changes in one go and have probably already accepted that the Ferrari power unit is going to be unable to match Merc this coming season. Instead they are putting in place a fresher younger team and giving them the space, and probably next season, to pull it all back together - as others have already said, the 2015 car is pretty much set.

PlanetF1 goes into more detail about who is taking over roles rather than just announcing the departures:-

The Italian marque are determined to turn their fortunes around after they failed to win a single race this year and new team principal Maurizio Arrivabene has "restructured his team with a flatter structure and clear assignment of responsibilities".

James Allison, who moved to the Maranello squad from Lotus in 2013, comes in as technical director while Simone Resta is promoted to chief designer and Mattia Binotto takes over as power unit director. Binotto will be assisted by Lorenzo Sassi, chief designer for the power unit.

Other changes see Massimo Rivola managing the F1 team's activities, with Antonio Coletta responsible for managing GT and Corse Cliente racing.

Renato Bisignani joins the new commercial department as marketing manager and acquisition while Alberto Antonini will run the press office.

PlanetF1, today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
Well, I hope Vettel is that patient or has written a bunch of escape clauses into his contract.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »
At this rate Seb will become the next boss of Ferrari for lack of other candidates
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:09 AM »
I saw rumours last night that Jock Clear is leaving Mercedes to take up a position at Ferrari, seems like career suicide to me but there you go. 

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
I am unconvinced that any of these changes are going to alter much at Ferrari.  There just doesn't seem to be any direction in my opinion.  They're just changing some personnel and hoping it works, so far as I can see.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
I saw rumours last night that Jock Clear is leaving Mercedes to take up a position at Ferrari, seems like career suicide to me but there you go.

This has actually been confirmed.  I am surprised, but there you have it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30541422
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle