collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Teams agree to 5th engine  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Scott

Teams agree to 5th engine
« on: March 27, 2015, 04:02:44 PM »
Ok, a little bit of sense, now lets keep going and make some more sensible changes for 2015 before it is just a waste of everyone's time.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9777612/teams-agree-to-increase-their-engine-allocation-during-2015

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline J.Clark

Re: Teams agree to 5th engine
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:55:11 PM »
I agree whole-heartedly!

Limiting a team/driver to only 4 engines in a 20 (19 race) schedule is completely ridiculous.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »
I agree whole-heartedly!

Limiting a team/driver to only 4 engines in a 20 (19 race) schedule is completely ridiculous.

we shall rebuilt the sport by removing ridiculous-ness wherever it can be found!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
Sounds like they all realized that they are in trouble.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »
It's certainly better than four engines, but it's still too small a number in my view.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
It's certainly better than four engines, but it's still too small a number in my view.

Keep in mind that the small teams still need to actually pay for the engines.  Renault and Mercedes have shareholders closely monitoring the bottom line.

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 11:41:47 PM »
I actually agree with a five engine rule. It really is a viable way of controlling costs and if a team run out of engines they can still continue to race after taking a penalty.
However, I'm not sure one extra engine is going to help Honda. At the moment a twenty engine rule probably wouldn't be enough!

Offline Willy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »
Monty......unless they can squeeze two into the car at the same time.

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »
^^^ :DD :DD

Button is my man and with me in China supporting him perhaps he can get further up the field. Well I can dream can't I?
I'm currently in South China where it is meant to be hot and Sunny but the tail end of a typhoon has caused torrential rain and record low temperatures. This is also effecting Shanghai and is forecast to stay for Friday and Saturday but clear for Sunday. If this is the case they could face an interesting weekend!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 06:45:23 AM »
This is also effecting Shanghai and is forecast to stay for Friday and Saturday but clear for Sunday. If this is the case they could face an interesting weekend!

Have a great weekend in Chinese grand prix Monty  :good: :good:

Hopefully you will give us some racer's point of view post-race analysis  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 12:19:44 PM »
Keep in mind that the small teams still need to actually pay for the engines.  Renault and Mercedes have shareholders closely monitoring the bottom line.

That's a whole other discussion Jeri.  The cost of engines being too high hasn't been at all helped by restricting the number which can be used.  My view is that engine regulations should be less restrictive, and they should be cheaper.  If the manufacturers want more freedom to do what they want with their engines, they should lower the costs they charge for them.  Quid pro quo.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 01:04:28 PM »
I would have thought that F1 programs for engine manufacturers would fall under marketing or at best R&D, not general profit/revenue.  Getting value for money is about exposure in marketing, and the more engine logos you have on TV the better. 

Of course at the end of the day it's the money in the bank that the shareholders are looking at, but really...in the history of F1, has anyone ever heard of shareholders getting in a tizzy about anything F1?  As long as they are offered champagne in the Paddock Club, they are probably pretty pleased.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle