collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 578
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: BBC 'Grid Walk' is crossing the pond!  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Jericoke

BBC 'Grid Walk' is crossing the pond!
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:41:22 AM »
I just found out that in Canada we'll be getting the BBC 'Grid Walk' for 10 races this season.  I presume those are the 10 races being covered live by the BBC.

I don't really know what the grid walk is, but I've heard it mentioned on here and in chat a few times, and it sounds great.

We haven't had a pre race show in years, and the pre race show we did have was not very good (except for segments involving Gerald Donaldson)

Offline Ian

Re: BBC 'Grid Walk' is crossing the pond!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »
It's where a commentator walks among the cars on the grid before the installation lap Jeri, they chat to various drivers and team bosses, Coulthard's not too bad, Martin Brundle is the king of the grid walk in my opinion.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »
It's where everyone tries to duck away when they see Coulthard coming with a cameraman and mic.   ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »
And if you see EJ doing the gridwalk, make an excuse to wash the dishes or something; even I, an EJ fan, does not believe he is at his best in that setting.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Willy

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »
When Speed carried F1 and Peter Windsor was involved, he did the grid walk and was great. I miss that coverage as I liked the commentators and Peters' insights.

Sorry Jeri..I can't stand Gerald Donaldson...he bores the crap out of me.

TSN here in Canada starts coverage just before the race and now does stay with it long enough to get driver interviews as they used to cut out at race end. So they are better at it now. Unless there is curling or paint drying to cover elsewhere.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »
Unless there is curling or paint drying to cover elsewhere.

You've obviously watched TSN for quite some time.  :DD :DD

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 09:14:14 PM »

TSN here in Canada starts coverage just before the race and now does stay with it long enough to get driver interviews as they used to cut out at race end. So they are better at it now. Unless there is curling or paint drying to cover elsewhere.

The best part of them cutting away to Curling meant that Todd Lewis would host the pre race instead of Vic Rauter!

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 12:18:25 AM »
I used  to like it when Peter tried to approach
Flavio and Flav would act all upset,deep down
I think he liked Peter and the interview
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:33:54 PM »
When Vic Rauter was the commentator I would cringe at his lack of knowledge about racing in general. He must know something about other sports but not F1.
The Terrible Sports Network is the only game in town to watch F1 in Canada at the moment.
I eagerly await the day Bernie is gone and whomever takes over has the foresight to allow online streaming of F1.
I am extremely close to dumping my cable TV and just streaming everything. We pay huge here in Canada for cable with hundreds of useless channels and absolutely nothing worthwhile to watch. My wife asked if I would miss F1 if we drop cable, as that is about the only thing we can't stream.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:46:12 PM »
Oh, but you can...you just need to join us on chat Willy and one of the guys always has a live stream link to throw up.  Dare and Cos are two who have lousy TV coverage, and I always use one to listen to the english audio while I watch the muted German coverage here in Switzerland.

Ditch Robbers or Bill Canada or whoever your cable supplier is, and join us raceday on chat.

I used to call him Vic Roto-Rauter

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »
My wife asked if I would miss F1 if we drop cable, as that is about the only thing we can't stream.

When's the divorce hearing Willy?  :D  :tease:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle