collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 261
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sauber signed 6 race drivers for two 2015 race seats  (Read 2220 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Sauber signed 6 race drivers for two 2015 race seats
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:39:14 PM »
Not just the 4 we know but Bianchi and Gutierrez too.  :o       

Colin Kolles says Jules Bianchi signed for Sauber just hours before his Suzuka crash.  :swoon:       

Now call me old fashioned but how the hell did Monisha expect this crazy multi driver setup to work out without a court or other authorities being involved ???  :DntKnw:

Should think Sauber can now make serious money from seminars advising timeshare bandits and other charlatans.   ::)

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/04/14/bianchi-signed-sauber-contract-at-suzuka-reveals-kolles/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:45:32 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Sauber signed 6 race drivers for two 2015 race seats
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:15 AM »
You cannot blame the head of the team for being frantic in the time of despair, and even though it may sound odd, but if a team goes through this sort of financial manouvering and came up with a car this good, I wouldn't mind at all as long as it is "absolutely calculated ". Also I am not surprised to learn about Bianchi at all, and it makes an absolute sense. If Ferrari had the plans to make him wear color in 2017, where else they could fit him in other than Sauber. And perhaps Guti's deal also gave them a breath of air, to negotiate it with Ferrari.

All in all not bad at all Monisha, as long you can keep those blue cars fast and racing like it is doing.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »
Good for her...great idea to have a plan B and if she had a plan C, even better.  Don't believe everything you read, I seriously doubt the teams lawyers drew up 6 contracts for her, dated and waiting for signatures without there being a few notes about there being conflicts.  I never heard VDG's issue being more than a 'promise', along with Sutil as well.  For those two it was probably somewhere in last year's contracts and well, those were last year.  When Bianchi was injured, she certainly took that time to look for Nasr and Ericsson.  No explanation for Gutierrez, but whatever. 

The Engineering department seems to have found something this year, even if the Human Resources department still has some issues.

I can tell you from experience that the Swiss people are generally the best rule followers I have ever come across (bankers aside).  If somebody was playing contract shell games, it was certainly a foreigner...probably a Brit  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »
Well, we know there were at least 3 supposedly rock-steady contracts out there for 2 race drives, because multiple courts have proven it. van der Garde's was not "a promise" - 3 separate courts demonstrated it was a valid contract, and arguably more valid than those of the drivers currently in the cars.

I'm not surprised the engineering department found something, with all that extra money flowing in 2014 from people that were led to expect a drive that never materialised.

It doesn't matter how frantic a team boss, they should never take a plan that was inevitably going to cost more money than doing the right thing would have been. I get the distinct impression that we should enjoy Sauber while we can because by 2016 it will have ceased to exist in a hail of lawsuits.

I'm kind of glad that Jules didn't get a Sauber in the end... ...though the reason for his neither getting a Sauber nor having the compensation he would have got had events taken their natural conclusion makes me feel sick.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »
I'm considerably more optimistic about Sauber in 2016 and beyond.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle