collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 753
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari Wants Daniel Ricciardo  (Read 3218 times)

Offline cosworth151

Ferrari Wants Daniel Ricciardo
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
Ferrari is interested in Daniel Ricciardo. Danny Ric says thanks but no thanks.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/118663-ferrari-interest-nice-ricciardo

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Ferrari Wants Daniel Ricciardo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 03:52:44 PM »
I see the silly season has begun again.  :swoon:

Ricciardo's got Red Bull instead of blood so he ain't shifting anywhere - unless the man in Austria says do it.  :D

After breaking Seb's spirit and driving game last year there is no way Red Bull would allow Danny to be out of contract.  :nono:  So by approaching him Ferrari are just playing silly buggers.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
Ricciardo could well trounce Vettel in the same car again, so I would guess that Sebastian wouldn't be too happy with that pair up anyhow.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
Nice try, rumour-mongers. Nice try...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »
During FP2 this morning, Hobbs & Co. on NBCSN were speculating whether or not Ferrari will keep Kimi for the entire season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 09:29:17 AM »
I don't think Ferrari have any intention of keeping Kimi unless there are no other options. They ask him to perform better then screw up his race for him. He will complete the season but if anyone is available no matter how well Kimi performs he will be gone

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »
What?  The most popular driver in F1 surely has some commercial value. 

But really, lets step back a minute here.  Ferrari wants to be paid significant amounts as a 'bonus' for past performance and because they are so popular.  It's their right supposedly to be paid more to be part of F1 than anyone else because...um what was that again...because of their historical importance?  Please give me a break.

Kimi, a former WDC with boatloads of talent as we've seen on many occasions (just not consistently recently), and currently the most popular driver in F1, is going to be just cast away by a team who FINALLY has their act together after most of the last decade of providing fantastic drivers with underperforming cars.  Now they have their mojo, they are looking at others to blame for not winning?  They should be ashamed.

But anyway, I think Kimi will go on his own terms.  You can be sure he has the same ironclad contract he had last time he was with Ferrari and will be paid for gardening leave if they should decide he should be in the garden.   :crazy: :crazy:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39:25 AM »

But anyway, I think Kimi will go on his own terms.  You can be sure he has the same ironclad contract he had last time he was with Ferrari and will be paid for gardening leave if they should decide he should be in the garden.   :crazy: :crazy:

I think this time it's the other way round Scott, Ferrari hold an option for his services rather than a signed up contract.

I believe it's this option that has caused all the talk of replacing him to surface so early in the season. There is presumably a date for taking up the option after which Kimi is free to sign for another team. 

I think DH1.F1 is spot on and Arrivabene has to ensure that he has a better prospect than Kimi in place before the option window closes.

I suspect we may still see Kimi on the grid for one more season. Which team he'll be with is harder to predict, although I hear Haas is really in F1 to get maximum world attention for his tools company - Kimi would certainly get his publicity drive off with a very big bang.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 12:23:43 PM »
Sorry, I should have quoted Cos's post about speculation as to whether he will finish the season at Ferrari.  I know he only has this season set in stone. 

As for your comments John, I would love for him to move to Haas next season.  Keeps him in the Ferrari family as well, though not sure how much help he would be technically since he has struggled to figure out the Ferrari so far.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »
I don't think he will drive an noncompetitive car even if they offer him bags of cash. That said, Haas goal is an experienced driver paired with a young american.
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 09:33:53 PM »
I don't think he will drive an noncompetitive car even if they offer him bags of cash. That said, Haas goal is an experienced driver paired with a young american.

it's tough to get a read on Kimi.  I'd think he has no interest in lowering himself to run for a backmarker team at this point in his career, but maybe he might find something in Haas.  Maybe he is ready to mentor a younger driver.  Maybe a man with Haas' connections could set him up in American racing once he retires from F1.  Surely Kimi has at least thought about running either Daytona or Indy.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 06:09:24 AM »
I have never been a Kimi fan he's too inconsistent he can be good on his day but you never know when that's going to be. If McLaren had got their act together in 2007 and managed their drivers he would never have won the WC.
IMHO.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
I've always thought that, if McLaren has their act together, Kimi would have had at least one and maybe two WDC's while he was there.

Today, though, Kimi has become too erratic to succeed in F1.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
I have never been a Kimi fan he's too inconsistent he can be good on his day but you never know when that's going to be. If McLaren had got their act together in 2007 and managed their drivers he would never have won the WC.
IMHO.

Absolutely that championship was a gift!

I would posit that Kimi's 'problem' is more institutional.  I think that he's very talented, and will raise his game to match his team.  If they're dedicated and focused, then Kimi will be too.  He's not a leader who inspires the team, he needs that leader to inspire him.

I wonder if that's part of joining the sport so young, without having success in lower series to draw upon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle