collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 520
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari F1 boss: “Would you take a pay cut to favour a colleague?"  (Read 1867 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Arrivabene puts his view of uneven F1 divvy up.

According to Grandprix247.com, see report below, He feels Ferrari is worth the pay out from FOM, he has a point now - doesn't he?

Well would any of us want our own monetary reward lessened to favour others, particularly if we feel the others are not performing as well as us? 

I know I'd probably chuck in my job before giving up earnings to someone else, surely it's the employer/authorising body who should find the extra for the lower paid?
  :confused: 

On the issue of F1’s controversial income distribution model, however, Arrivabene sounds less open to change, “Would you agree to take a pay cut in favour of your colleague? There are agreements and everyone signed his own.”

Told, however, that Ferrari received more official income in 2014 even than champions Mercedes, Arrivabene answered: “I don’t know how much money Mercedes received from FOM (Formula One Management), and I have no idea of the conditions of their contract.”

“I only know the details of ours. And if Ferrari gets more money because of its history, and because of the image that it gives to Formula 1, I believe that is logical,” he added.

Ferrari made their F1 debut at the 1950 Monaco Grand Prix and since then have participated in 898 grand prix weekends, ammassed 16 constructors’ titles, 15 drivers’ titles and 222 grand prix victories – more than any other team in the history of the sport

Courtesy grandprix247.com, Today.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:54:01 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Steve A.

Re: Ferrari F1 boss: “Would you take a pay cut to favour a colleague?"
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:22:46 PM »
No I wouldn't take a pay cut to favour a colleague,  but this is not that simple. He states that other teams are not performing as well, but those teams can't throw the money in that Ferrari can. Of course as in most walks of life the rich keep getting richer. I think the money should be distributed better but that's in a perfect world.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:14:43 AM by DH1.F1 »

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:56:26 PM »
I don't think he has a point at all.  Ferrari got prize money and advertising money based on the payout of each and every one of those years that it spent in the sport based on the finishing positions they achieved in those years.  There is no reason to look back beyond last season to decide what should be handed out for the next.

But as I've always said, the Ferrari share is mere drops in a bucket compared to what is being taken OUT of the sport by FOM/CVC/Bernie.  If any distribution needs to be looked at and re-adjusted, it is that glaring drain on the sport.  At least Ferrari puts its money back into F1. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:59:08 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »
It's not uncommon in sports and other entertainment for one individual to be paid far more than their collaborators because they are the 'star attraction'.  The highest paid athletes might outperform their teammates by 10% statistically, yet make 200% the salary, because they're the ones people pay tickets to see, buy merchandise with their name etc.  Movie Stars make more money than entire departments, but while the set builders are just as important as Brad Pitt... people pay to see Brad Pitt.

For casual racing fans, Ferrari IS racing.  They might be surprised to see Mercedes and Renault involved, they have no clue what Manor or Sauber is, they're certainly not watching to see what they can do.

If FOM wants to truly grow the sport, it's time to fix that.  They need another great name:  someone for Ferrari to struggle against.  McLaren has been making that effort for decades, but I think that FOM/FIA have really hobbled them.  It's time for McLaren to be the Yin to Ferrari's Yang.  When people think race car, they need two choices.

(It doesn't have to be McLaren, but it can't be a company that makes flower delivery vans or weird sports drinks)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:09 PM »
That is exactly how some sports leagues like the National Football League became economic juggernauts. They spread the big money (TV revenue and such) evenly to all teams.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »
Depends on the circumstances. I wouldn't do it just for someone's entertainment, but I would do it if I thought it would prevent a bigger disaster. And F1 is headed for the bigger disaster...

I also guess this means Jenson Button will never drive one of Arrivabene's cars, since he's already taken a pay cut to favour his colleagues once (Brawn 2009, anyone?)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:24:23 PM »
Yes, what a foolish move on Jenson's part. All he got to show for it was a WDC (and an MBE).
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 01:34:45 PM »
Yes, what a foolish move on Jenson's part. All he got to show for it was a WDC (and an MBE).

And the chance to further his career beyond Brawn, that three-year intra-team duel with Hamilton...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
I don't think he has a point at all.  Ferrari got prize money and advertising money based on the payout of each and every one of those years that it spent in the sport based on the finishing positions they achieved in those years.  There is no reason to look back beyond last season to decide what should be handed out for the next.

But as I've always said, the Ferrari share is mere drops in a bucket compared to what is being taken OUT of the sport by FOM/CVC/Bernie.  If any distribution needs to be looked at and re-adjusted, it is that glaring drain on the sport.  At least Ferrari puts its money back into F1.
Exactly!  I could not have put it better.

I have never liked the distribution of the TV revenue however.  The teams get money from sponsors and other means in addition to those revenues and it seems to me that a more even distribution of that source of funds would be good for the sport and quite beneficial to the struggling new teams, not to mention a team which has a few bad years strung together and consequently drops a huge amount of money from the TV revenue bucket.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle