collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 372
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Goodbye Chris Evans, Top Gear is better off without you  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Wizzo

Goodbye Chris Evans, Top Gear is better off without you
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »
Top Gear now stands a chance of surviving.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Goodbye Chris Evans, Top Gear is better off without you
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »
Never missed an episode of Top Gear until Evans took over, not seen any of them since.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:42:13 AM »
Leblanc and Schmitz are decent, but in my opinion the most fun to watch, most informed and probably the best drivers are Chris Harris and Rory Reid.  I don't think they need to bother bringing EJ back either.

Glad Evans is gone.  I would call BS on the claim that it was his call though.  As long as they don't actually think Evans needs to be replaced with anyone, I will continue to watch it next year and maybe even the last 3 episodes I've recorded of this season but haven't been bored enough to watch yet.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 07:17:32 AM »
I've never watch any of the new series as I really don't like the ginger twat I mean Evans so I may take a look at the second series although I am biased towards old trio who I think are impossible to replace as has been proven with the US and Aussie series.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »
Perfect.  There is enough talent left.  Just get him off the show.

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
They'll never top Clarkson and co, but without Evans I'll give the next series a look.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
They'll never top Clarkson and co, but without Evans I'll give the next series a look.

We differ in opinion again  ;)

Clarkson and his minions are not that hard to top, but Evans was bottom of the barrel for a show like that.  The remaining presenters will have no trouble, although I think a change in direction for the writers would also improve things.  Many of the 'entertaining' bits were just re-hashed from previous seasons.  They will need to establish new running gags and develop the characterizations of the new presenters quite a bit better.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
Glad he has gone, can only be for the best and I agree Scott, the script writers need to do something.  Same script,  delivered (shouted in Evans' case) in a less than satisfying way.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 07:15:15 PM »
Do I watch Top gear for the jokes they made, insulting every other person in the world except the brits, or I watched it because they made cars look more sexy than Monica Bellucci herself? The latter will prevail, and I will always watch, as long as the cars being the centre-piece, I will watch it.

With Clarkson, I have this issue of love-hate thing. When I was little, and didn't understand the insulting jokes he made,I loved him. The more I grow up, the more resentment started to take place. Yes humor is fun, wit is okay, but insulting people blalantly is just taking the stride too much. But for the essence of nostslgia I couldn't hate him out and out. For the rest of Mr. May and Hamster, they never would have made it without that big fella with bigger mouth.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle