collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 595
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mercedes Wolff complaining about Gutierrez  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Scott

Mercedes Wolff complaining about Gutierrez
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
Not being a fan of blue flags to begin with, I would prefer to see them either abolish them and let the drivers get past back markers off the racing line, or just for spice, put the blue flags away during the last 10 laps of every race.  :crazy: :crazy:

Hey Toto, everyone's in the race.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/cruising-gutierrez-under-fire-from-mercedes-828185/

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

Re: Mercedes Wolff complaining about Gutierrez
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:16:14 PM »
Can't agree with Scott on this one.
I remember before the rules were changed; fast cars stuck behind slow cars on several tracks - worst being Monaco. It was boring and frustrating for the spectators - it must have been totally maddening for the drivers. If slow cars didn't have to jump out of the way of fast cars you would have to limit slow cars. The 107% rule would probably have to become 105% or tighter. Then you would probably only have six cars on the grid!

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
Can't agree with Scott on this one.
I remember before the rules were changed; fast cars stuck behind slow cars on several tracks - worst being Monaco. It was boring and frustrating for the spectators - it must have been totally maddening for the drivers. If slow cars didn't have to jump out of the way of fast cars you would have to limit slow cars. The 107% rule would probably have to become 105% or tighter. Then you would probably only have six cars on the grid!

Ok, clarification.  I believe that passing cars should pass offline, but that back markers should drive steadily and predictably so overtaking cars can anticipate their passes safely.  At the very least the passing cars can wait until the DRS zone and easily and safely make the pass without interfering with the race of the back markers.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 07:13:38 PM »
I prefer the sportscar system, where blue flags are advisory and penalties only issued if lapping is prevented in a dangerous manner. But I don't think F1 is sufficiently grown-up to handle such a system right now :(
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 12:27:33 AM »
I agree with Scott and Alia. Gutierrez has a right to fight being lapped. In this case a late yellow might have given him a shot at 10TH. As long as he isn't doing a Max (weaving and darting) leave him alone.
Lonny

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
I hate the blue flags as well, as far as I'm concerned they're in fast cars and have the speed to get past, as far as the likes of Monaco etc it may slow the races to a point but it will also stop run away races. Someone will make a mistake and change the race. Part of racing unlike blue flags. Which are just an easy option for an already faster car/driver.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:04:35 AM »
The thing that amuses me about this is the lack of historical perspective from Herr Wolff.  Gutierrez may not be the greatest at using his mirrors, but by the standards of some who came before, all the drivers on the current grid are very helpful.  Who can ever forget Arnoux's blocking tactics while Prost was trying to lap him at Monaco in 1989, for example?
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle