collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Preseason Whining  (Read 3795 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Preseason Whining
« on: February 14, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
Ferrari is protesting the Mercedes and Rec Bull "active" suspension systems.

https://www.gptours.com/mobile_news.php?command=show&what=news&id=18657

Lonny

Offline cosworth151

Re: Preseason Whining
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:27:25 PM »
And so the season begins!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:38:31 PM »
Not a surprise,  they obviously haven't managed to come up with a workable system for the Ferrari

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:19:16 AM »
My own pre-season whining includes:- lamenting the loss of Jenson Button; realising that I can no longer moan about a cheating German now that both Schumacher and Rosberg are out of F1 (although I am ready to pour all of my scorn on Verstappen who has already shown he is either a cheat or a lunatic, or both); I wish to complain that the tyres are too wide / too hard / too soft (delete as appropriate); I want to complement Liberty for transforming F1 / for goodness sake bring back Bernie (delete as appropriate); can I just moan about how Mercedes/Red Bull/Ferrari have made F1 processional and boring (again delete as appropriate).  :D

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:42:50 AM »
I just want to moan about no F1 at the moment. :(
Can't they just get on with it and have earlier races - or have a few mini races (10 laps sounds good) each day during testing - I need my fix of F1.  ;)  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »
I just want to moan about no F1 at the moment. :(
Can't they just get on with it and have earlier races - or have a few mini races (10 laps sounds good) each day during testing - I need my fix of F1.  ;)  :D

That's a pretty good idea.  Once a week have a 10 lap 'test driver' show down.  Give the development drivers a taste of real competition, something to see on TV.  That would help teams evaluate talent in F1 race conditions, it would give TV partners something to show, and it would provide something to engage the fans.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 07:56:21 PM »
Well, Liberty wants 25 races.  :DntKnw: They could at least televise testing.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
It sounds more like Liberty wants no races. Just 25 parades through boring street circuits with pretty buildings in the background.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
It sounds more like Liberty wants no races. Just 25 parades through boring street circuits with pretty buildings in the background.

If people are really going to pay top dollar for that, then yeah, I guess so.

Surely instead of street races, using park space makes more sense, like Montreal and Melbourne?  The NJ Liberty Park race was an attempt to put a real race track in the middle of a city.  Not an ideal location, but at least they were trying.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 03:52:02 PM »
How many F1 fans will be satisfied to stick around and watch the races turned into a minor part of a festival for the Kardashians of the world? These boring street races are a big part of why ratings have been in a downward spiral for some years now.

Federico Fellini couldn't come up with a better metaphor for what's wrong with F1  than a street race around a sewage treatment facility in New Jersey with a group of the 1% standing around posing for pictures and ignoring the race.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 09:45:27 PM »
20 stable races (of any description) would be a good start...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle