collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 433
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis wants to stop sharing  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Dare

Lewis wants to stop sharing
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »
So much for being a team player.If Bottas gets edge it's
going to be a fun season

http://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-wants-unfair-data-sharing-to-stop/

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Lewis wants to stop sharing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »
I wonder how much Lewis benefited from Nico's data last season? I like Lewis, but I'm really starting to hope that Bottas can rattle him a little.

“That’s what I loved about go-karting; you weren’t able to do that and that was where just your raw talent is able to shine.”

There are plenty of spec formulas where you can still do that, Lewis. That's what they are for. If you want to go race in one of them, I'm sure Merc will have no trouble filling your seat .
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
What's funny is that he used to review and copy Alonso's
setups.I'd hate to see him return to carting....bullying
teenagers is never nice
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
The article doesn't say he wants to stop sharing set up data, he wants to stop sharing things like braking points, turn in points etc. He has no control over set up data, that's all Mercedes proprietary info.
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:39 AM »
The article doesn't say he wants to stop sharing set up data, he wants to stop sharing things like braking points, turn in points etc. He has no control over set up data, that's all Mercedes proprietary info.

I actually agree with Lewis as we've heard till the ban "Lewis is breaking earlier that you" to Nico along with other information which they banned from being broadcast over the radio but is still available once a driver pits. So to improve the racing stop the team giving the likes of lines, breaking points and gears used we the fans will benefit from this as drivers will have to work harder.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
I agree.  It's not driving school.  Bottas should nail his braking points and turn in points and angles during practice and sim work.  Setup is about optimizing the car, which is IMO intellectual property and the team can do with it what they want (share among the two crews).  Unless Lewis is adjusting the wings and suspension himself, then he is obliged to 'share' the info with the team.

I don't think Bottas needs any pointers on how to drive unless he is way out of the ballpark, which we all know he won't be.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »

I actually agree with Lewis as we've heard till the ban "Lewis is breaking earlier that you" to Nico along with other information which they banned from being broadcast over the radio but is still available once a driver pits. So to improve the racing stop the team giving the likes of lines, breaking points and gears used we the fans will benefit from this as drivers will have to work harder.

It's supposed to be a team sport, Mercedes is looking for drivers to win them the constructors championship, not to find a pony to back to the WDC.

Certainly it has been fun watching Lewis take the 'teammate war' to a new level but at some point he's going to cross the line from 'aggressive' to 'a-hole', and Mercedes isn't going to want that as their image.

Some drivers easily find a seat with a team that likes to work with them even if they struggle, but Hamilton might find he's iced out of competitive seats if he's not a team player.

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 09:10:46 PM »
Amen Jeri.At one time drivers helped their teammates,Stewart
and Cevert for example.Guess Lewis is afraid a little help may take
a glorious win from the record books.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:19:55 AM »

Yet a poll on Twitter is recording 68% in favour of banning data sharing, how do we know the drivers of old shared lines and gearing I don't believe they did I cannot see Fangio telling teammates how they should drive.
I feel Dare there's a little anti-Lewis creeping in?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 02:59:47 PM »

Yet a poll on Twitter is recording 68% in favour of banning data sharing, how do we know the drivers of old shared lines and gearing I don't believe they did I cannot see Fangio telling teammates how they should drive.
I feel Dare there's a little anti-Lewis creeping in?

I don't see how data banning makes the sport better, it would just create a bigger divide between 'good' and 'not as good' drivers. 

If Twitter 'fans' prefer run away races, then maybe I'll find other ways to spend my Sundays.

Otherwise, F1 needs to be reorganized into single team operations.  I wouldn't be opposed to this, as long as they allowed customer teams (come up with limits, like the engine rules, or even the IndyCar (failed) idea of standard mechanical package with custom aero)  Ferrari could enter three teams, Sauber could enter one etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle