collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 609
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Paddock Passes  (Read 1723 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Paddock Passes
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:02:08 PM »
If you're lucky enough to go to a GP this year, you can buy a Paddock Pass. Back in my day, this was not a big deal, passes were available to everyone, and were reasonable in cost.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/americanization-series-f1-sell-paddock-passes-its-races?utm_source=RacingDaily20170323&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=arrows-top&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awracingdaily
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:13:40 PM by lkjohnson1950 »

Lonny

Offline Scott

Re: Paddock Passes
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:39:18 AM »
I'm not sure which Lucy you are talking about, but if she'll join me in a paddock walkthrough, I would be quite pleased.

Seriously, I am the guy who looked for cracks in the fence shielding, looked for dumpsters to stand on to have a look.  I would LOVE to get into the paddock not to star gaze, but to have close and upfront looks at the motorhomes.  I would even be thrilled if someone would do a 10 episode show doing a descriptive walkthrough of each teams setup - mechanic areas and hospitality areas.  I don't know why they won't share with those of us fascinated by it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »
Surely the defining element if they do this will be the price of a paddock pass - I can still envisage the price point will not be at the level the majority would want to pay and in that case it will likely end up being just more paddock passes snapped up by corporates.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline BraydenSoh

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
Can't wait for them to iron the details out! Singapore GP is not till September so I will have my finger crossed!
'The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
Surely the defining element if they do this will be the price of a paddock pass - I can still envisage the price point will not be at the level the majority would want to pay and in that case it will likely end up being just more paddock passes snapped up by corporates.

You could be right.  Last time I checked (years ago at Monza), they were around $3500, and that wasn't open, but restricted to the Paddock Club along with a few scheduled paddock walk through tours.  If it came down to decent ticket price levels ($300-400), I would put it on my bucket list.  But I think you are right that there will be limited numbers and will just open up to more corporate tickets. 

On topic, did you see the press conference when Lewis said there should be more women in the paddock - lol
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »

On topic, did you see the press conference when Lewis said there should be more women in the paddock - lol

I missed that bit - hope he's not going down the Donald Trump view-of-women route!
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
Whilst I see it may be a good idea who gets the money? If it's just another way of Liberty monetising the GP weekend I'm not so keen, unless it's as low as £25 to £50.

However if the tracks get to keep the income it goes someway to address problems faced by most of the heritage circuits. Is this one of the new revenue streams Liberty said it would help tracks find??  :DntKnw:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
I'll take a wait & see approach to this, too. I can see it being a limited number, super high price item.

Here in the States, general admission tickets to many racing series, like ALMS and the SCCA, have always included paddock access.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »
I'm not sure which Lucy you are talking about, but if she'll join me in a paddock walkthrough, I would be quite pleased.

Seriously, I am the guy who looked for cracks in the fence shielding, looked for dumpsters to stand on to have a look.  I would LOVE to get into the paddock not to star gaze, but to have close and upfront looks at the motorhomes.  I would even be thrilled if someone would do a 10 episode show doing a descriptive walkthrough of each teams setup - mechanic areas and hospitality areas.  I don't know why they won't share with those of us fascinated by it.

You know, a hotel owner teamed with a son interested in video production would be well suited to develop a video about F1 living conditions over a Grand Prix weekend...

I'll settle for an EP credit.   ;)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 02:24:28 PM »
Fixed Lucy! The money will go to Liberty I'm sure. The price will need to balance being affordable while not getting the paddock overcrowded. Back in the dim, ancient past when I attended a GP or 3, the paddock/garage area was free. At the Glen, it was a large, rectangular steel building with the teams along either side and the fans passing down the middle. No team motorhomes at all.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle