collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 246
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16166 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12999 Posts
John S John S
11281 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Jean Todt Says Formula 1 Is too Expensive and too Complicated  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Robem64

Re: Jean Todt Says Formula 1 Is too Expensive and too Complicated
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »
My idea to reduce spend is to limit the ICE.

LOL. for one moment there I read ICE as In Car Entertainment - I know there have been significant rule changes this year but I didn't think it was to that extent  :DD
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
^^^ :DD^^^

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
I agree with Todt.  And, yes, he did run one the most expensive conglomerates in the history of Formula 1; however, I believe that perhaps gives him some insight to the problem.

There are several money issues, both inside and outside of the sport, meaning to the teams/circuits/logistics people, as well as the fans asked to support it.  Let's face it, just attending a race, even if local,  for the whole weekend has gotten pretty expensive, especially if one opts for other than the General Admission passes.

Teams are too costly to operate and putting two cars on the track, even if nothing breaks and your driver's don't crash.  It isn't just the parts, cars and salaries either.

Circuits are constantly under siege from the FIA & FOM for upgrades and threats of losing their date on the calendar to a new purpose-built circuit.

The broadcasting rites sold to various media are no doubt, outlandish.  This is compounded in some areas of the world by low viewership caused by several factors, none the least of which (and insurmountable) a lack of "local" circuits and feeder series races.  Add to that the fact that races are not every weekend, such as NASCAR, Indy Cars, and many of the other series in various sport and touring car series.  This makes building a supportive fan base difficult.  I said insurmountable because each of the races is being held in a different country. Even those in Europe are not held weekly, which would not be such a difficult problem to overcome.  Series in the US, which run almost weekly in all cases, often travel 1,000 - 2,500 miles between races, but truck transport.

There are things which could be done to reduce costs, but there are also ways to increase revenue, and I don't see anything other than increasing ticket and fan gear costs being done.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle