collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 383
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren and Alonso to race at Indy 500  (Read 16339 times)

Offline Dare

Re: McLaren and Alonso to race at Indy 500
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
Alonso showed he had what it takes to win unfortunately his
Honda engine problems followed him to Indy. Great performance
all the same..Get a Chevy next time
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
He was actually in contention for a win until he became the third victim of Honda engine failure.   :-[
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline J.Clark

Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline jimclark

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »
Alonso showed he had what it takes to win unfortunately his
Honda engine problems followed him to Indy. Great performance
all the same..Get a Chevy next time

Why? A Honda won....'just not his. 'Crap shoot in a one chassis, 2 engine series. ;)
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
Hammy had to flap his jaw about IndyCar. He said that the fact that Alonso qualified 5th proved that it wasn't a top series.

He should know better than to dis a series that has Tony Kanaan:

"What can I say. The guy competed in a two-car world championship last year and was second, so I don't think he can say much. It was a pleasure to have Fernando here. He is humble, not like some of his colleagues who were making comments this month."

Rock on, TK!   :yahoo:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »
Hammy had to flap his jaw about IndyCar. He said that the fact that Alonso qualified 5th proved that it wasn't a top series.

"What can I say. The guy competed in a two-car world championship last year and was second, so I don't think he can say much. It was a pleasure to have Fernando here. He is humble, not like some of his colleagues who were making comments this month."

I haven't seen Lewis's comments in context.  It's not uncommon for stars in one league to 'trash talk' other leagues, not so much out of animosity, but boilerplate 'us vs them'.

Of course, if we're bagging on Hamilton, Norris McDonald had a great line: 
Lewis Hamilton took a shot at Alonso and the whole Indy car scene in a French newspaper. Poor Lewis. He’s so close to being a has-been and he doesn’t know it - yet.
https://www.thestar.com/sports/auto-racing/2017/05/29/too-bad-101st-indy-500-wasnt-the-100th-mcdonald.html

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »

I haven't seen Lewis's comments in context.  It's not uncommon for stars in one league to 'trash talk' other leagues, not so much out of animosity, but boilerplate 'us vs them'.

Lewis Hamilton took a shot at Alonso and the whole Indy car scene in a French newspaper. Poor Lewis. He’s so close to being a has-been and he doesn’t know it - yet.
https://www.thestar.com/sports/auto-racing/2017/05/29/too-bad-101st-indy-500-wasnt-the-100th-mcdonald.html

Also, Lewis qualified 4th for his first F1 race. Does that make F1 a lesser series than Indycars?
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »

Also, Lewis qualified 4th for his first F1 race. Does that make F1 a lesser series than Indycars?

Lewis had probably done a season in the simulator!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Irisado

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2017, 01:14:04 PM »
An excellent performance by Alonso.  This demonstrates his calibre and that his skills are being utterly wasted by the poor Honda engine in the McLaren.  It's really tough to deliver that level of performance at the Indy500, which makes his performance even more noteworthy.  Hamilton's comments are very inappropriate in my opinion.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle