collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 508
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren and Alonso to race at Indy 500  (Read 16343 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: McLaren and Alonso to race at Indy 500
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 04:20:26 PM »
I'm watching the morning warm-up for the IndyCar race at Skip Barber. Alonso is in the Andretti pit.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »
The one thing that bugs me is if Alonso has any luck
which I'd like to see him win it is Mclaren will get credit where
none is due.Whatever they want to call it it's not a Mclaren Honda
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
The one thing that bugs me is if Alonso has any luck
which I'd like to see him win it is Mclaren will get credit where
none is due.Whatever they want to call it it's not a Mclaren Honda

Indy car chassis are 'stock', so it's as much a 'McLaren' as it is an 'Andretti'.  Whoever pays for the chassis gets to name it.  Since McLaren is buying the chassis and Honda is supplying the engine, it's fair to call it a McLaren-Honda.

Second, Andretti is having an awful season  (not McLaren awful mind you, more like... RBR 'awful').  I don't know how involved McLaren will be in the setup of the car (I'm sure there are plenty of frustrated mechanics who would love to join Alonso on a competitive team), but if they do give the team a boost, that would be earned under the McLaren name too.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 08:55:22 PM »
Tony Kanaan's take on Alonso at Indy. It's always fun to hear from T.K.!

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
Alonso's seat fitting with Andretti at Barber Motorsports Park in Leeds, Alabama.

I volunteer there each year.  I met the photog who did the photo shoot of the fitting and she gave me this photo.  I also got his autograph on my Volunteer Credential badge, and got selfie of sorts of him hanging it on the fence for me.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
Outstanding!   :good:
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 12:43:34 AM »
 :good: :good: :good:
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
Alonsao's first test at The Speedway will be live streamed at 09:00 Eastern US Time, 13:00 Zulu, Wed, 3 May:

― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 03:26:17 PM »
I'm watching the live feed right now. They've got Mario Andretti & Johnny Rutherford doing commentary. Lone Star J.R. is even wearing an orange shirt from his McLaren days.

BTW, Alonso's car is McLaren orange.  :yahoo:
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
I'm watching the live feed right now. They've got Mario Andretti & Johnny Rutherford doing commentary. Lone Star J.R. is even wearing an orange shirt from his McLaren days.

BTW, Alonso's car is McLaren orange.  :yahoo:

Mario makes anything better.

The car looks great (*great for an IndyCar)

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »
Alonso passed his rookie test but mulched a couple birds along the way.  I would have thought Indy has an effective hawk program, like most airports.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/fernando-alonso-kills-two-birds-with-one-indycar-1794889658
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:49 PM »
That's just low-tech Flow Viz.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 06:41:12 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD :DD

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »
The streaming of Alonso's rookie test at The Speedway has been viewed over two million times and that number is still climbing. The live stream trended on YouTube and outpaced the trailer for 'The Dark Tower,' a Hollywood adaptation of a Stephen King novel. It also performed better than Jimmy Kimmel’s reveal of his son’s birth and a Chris Rock video.

Further, 30 percent of all web traffic for IndyCar.com originated from Europe.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/fernando-alonsos-indy-500-orientation-takes-over-internet
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
The streaming of Alonso's rookie test at The Speedway has been viewed over two million times and that number is still climbing. The live stream trended on YouTube and outpaced the trailer for 'The Dark Tower,' a Hollywood adaptation of a Stephen King novel. It also performed better than Jimmy Kimmel’s reveal of his son’s birth and a Chris Rock video.

Further, 30 percent of all web traffic for IndyCar.com originated from Europe.

http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/fernando-alonsos-indy-500-orientation-takes-over-internet

But Bernie doesn't believe in new media (internet)   :fool: :fool: :fool:

...hope Liberty figure it out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle