collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: جائزة البحرين الكبرى‎‎ - The Bahrain Grand Prix  (Read 5686 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: جائزة البحرين الكبرى‎‎ - The Bahrain Grand Prix
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »
Props to the Hulk and Renault, best of the rest. Vast improvement from last season.
Lonny

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
Congrats are in order for Valtteri.  I would love to see him win it.

Max continues to whine.  This time he is saying that Massa ruined his (MV's) lap by passing him in the final corner.  Gee whiz Max, maybe if you were going faster, Massa wouldn't have passed you.

Maybe Williams and Massa should complain that Max was blocking.  Would that just toast his buns.   :DD
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Dare

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »
Maybe they need to go back to the one lap one
car qualifying for crybaby.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 05:28:26 AM »

Nooooooooooooooooo!
That format nearly stopped me watching F1 it was as boring as a really boring thing.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 11:06:38 AM »
I agree!
That was the most boring format for qualifying . .  .  50 minutes of nothing with 10 minutes of scramble.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
I have to agree. The current Quali format is one of the few things F1 has gotten right in the past few years.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooo!
That format nearly stopped me watching F1 it was as boring as a really boring thing.
[/quote

Just kidding...sarcasm intended as Sheldon would say  ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »
At first I would like to apologize to all the members in the live chat for my sudden disappearance from the chat room as my WiFi was gone and I could not establish another line to connect.

And for the grand prix, I believe it is one of the grand prix where the deserved driver and team stole the day. What I saw from Ferrari on Sunday was absolutely mesmerizing, they knew their strength and as soon as they saw there is a little weakness in the Mercedes Fortress, they pounce into it. They went for aggressive strategy and this time their bravery is rewarded through the timing of Safety car. That seal the deal for me for the whole race. I also believed that Mercedes took too long to respond to the changing strategy to release Hamilton. They should have it a lot earlier.

There was intense fighting all through the field, and I think they were a bit too many awkward points which Bahrain have to embrace like Mclaren with 1 DNS and 1 DNF, Max Verstappen had to suffer a rear break failure.

All in all a great weekend race for me, hopefully there are plenty in store  throughout the season.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:51:44 AM by F1fanaticBD »
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 11:52:26 AM »
I'm pretty pleased Ferrari won a second time.  I would rather Kimi and Seb mix it up and take turns winning though...looks like Lady Luck is favouring Seb early season again.  Hope Kimi will shake her off soon and again pick up some podiums.

I wouldn't say it was a particularly exciting race, although the front pack stayed together for much of the first half of the race.  Sorry for Mclaren, it is hard enough having to endure another horrible season start, but to have one of their biggest cheerleaders lamenting openly on the radio about what a piece of crap it is, must hurt the team.  I hope they sort out what they are going to do about their engine program before they start bleeding technical talent from the factory.  I would abandon Honda right away.  If VW/Audi want to jump in, it would be another huge gamble for the first couple of years, but I think they would be better prepared and far more responsive than Honda has been.  Otherwise put their tail between their legs and snap up a supply of Merc's or Ferrari's (Mclaren-Ferrari has a nice ring to it, although it might come across as a finishing order that Ferrari wouldn't be too keen on).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »
Sorry for Mclaren, it is hard enough having to endure another horrible season start, but to have one of their biggest cheerleaders lamenting openly on the radio about what a piece of crap it is, must hurt the team.  I hope they sort out what they are going to do about their engine program before they start bleeding technical talent from the factory.  I would abandon Honda right away.  If VW/Audi want to jump in, it would be another huge gamble for the first couple of years, but I think they would be better prepared and far more responsive than Honda has been.  Otherwise put their tail between their legs and snap up a supply of Merc's or Ferrari's (Mclaren-Ferrari has a nice ring to it, although it might come across as a finishing order that Ferrari wouldn't be too keen on).
The sorrows of McLaren are the faults of their own, they should not have jumped the boat when they had disagreement with Mercedes. I can understand why did they took the chance, the lure of 100 millions per year plus others was too good to pass, but in the long run they should have considered how Honda left the sports last time. Had they stick with Mercedes, they would have been in much better position than where they are now.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 08:53:46 PM »
I don't know BD, it's quite a relationship changer when your engine partner becomes your competitor, especially a company that basically had top secret access to every inch of the Mclaren factory.  It was a huge gamble, but I believe they had to part with Merc once their contract with them was done.

The only problem was that Honda clearly weren't up for the job.  It could have gone both ways, but unfortunately it didn't.  Not only that but the Whitmarsh-Dennis dramas going on in the background likely caused some lack of focus.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »
The McLaren situation with Honda this year reminds me of what many of the people I ride with have always said about the bikes they build: Hondas are like hunting dogs - they like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »
I've got back from Silverstone (WEC, ELMS, Formula 3.5 and F3...) and watched F1 on playback with my parents.

Heroes:

Vettel - for taking the opportunity when it was presented to him. (Contrast Raikkonen, who didn't drive badly, but didn't provide anything to write home about either).

Alonso - for trying Indy.

Wehrlein - for making a good return to the sport.

Honourable mention:

Perez - Would have been "hero" for that 11-place rise through the order... ...had he not turfed off Stroll in the process.

Villains:

Mercedes strategists - There was something wrong with Bottas' car early on. That was obvious. He needed to be put on Plan B. That didn't happen. Instead, Mercedes waited about 10 laps to then put him on the wrong tyres. Just to make it worse, this meant Hamilton needed to pit on the same lap as Valterri's eventually-selected pit lap, requiring him to lose 6 seconds of time and to him forgetting that baulking people in the pits was banned 12 years ago (resulting in him losing another 20). It is arguable that this was what lost Mercedes this race.

McLaren - 16.667% reliability rate. Others - approaching 90% average reliability rate. McLaren, this isn't good enough...

David Coulthard - yes, the pitlane is part of the track. There are 10-year-old rules against excessive slowness covering the entire track, in addition to the 12-year-old rules banning it specifically in the pitlane area...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
I feel that Mercedes lost this race, rather than Ferrari winning it.  They reacted too slowly to Bottas's lack of pace.  They either needed to pit Hamilton early, as Ferrari did with Vettel, or they needed to ask Bottas to move over, given that they knew there was a problem with his tyres.  The early tension up at the front evaporated after the safety car period and became even less of a contest after Hamilton's penalty.

There was some action towards the back of the midfield involving Alonso, the Toro Rossos, Stroll, and Wehrlein, but it just lacked spark.  The Bahrain circuit really doesn't capture the imagination in my opinion, which is a significant part of the problem for me.

Finally, McLaren-Honda suffered a humiliating race.  Honda are clearly totally off the pace at the moment, both in terms of power and in terms of awareness about how to resolve the poor performance and lack of reliability.  I cannot see McLaren continuing this partnership in 2018.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle