collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vijay Mallya Arrested  (Read 2536 times)

Offline cosworth151

Vijay Mallya Arrested
« on: April 18, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
Force India team owner Vijay Mallya has been arrested today in the U.K. London’s Metropolitan Police said its extradition unit had arrested Mr. Mallya “on behalf of the Indian authorities in relation to accusations of fraud.” Mr. Mallya was scheduled to appear at a London court on Tuesday.

Just prior to that, he had been tweeting about Alfonso Celis returning to the team.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/18/business/vijay-mallya-extradition.html?_r=0

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Vijay Mallya Arrested
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 09:01:51 PM »
Really sad.  Whatever he's done in India, I have respect that he has been one of the few non corporate new team owners in the sport that has actually taken a team to new heights.  He has my respect for that.  Even when it was Jordan it didn't have the consistent upper mid pack finishes that it now has a reputation of.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »
Sadly this has been coming for a while. Vijay appears to owe a lot of people a lot of money. He has done a fantastic job with Force India, and if only his airline had been run with the same level of skill...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »
Really sad.  Whatever he's done in India, I have respect that he has been one of the few non corporate new team owners in the sport that has actually taken a team to new heights.  He has my respect for that.  Even when it was Jordan it didn't have the consistent upper mid pack finishes that it now has a reputation of.

Part of Bernie's experiment to make F1 a literal playground for the ultra rich.

I'm glad they got Haas though.  And Mercedes.  We know that the board at Mercedes doesn't like their expensive project, but there are genuine car guys behind the team.

I'd still like to see some 'high tech' money in the sport from Google, Apple and the like.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »
We might have got it if USF1 had got off the ground - one of the YouTube founders was involved, which I could see attracting more tech money as "allied industry companies" if successful, especially with the USA being the place best-known for high-tech, high-profit companies.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
As a person I do not like Vijay Mallya at all, but I do have respect for his achievements at Force India.  His arrest comes as little surprise, given what happened to his airline.  I'd be surprised if he manages to get himself out of this mess unscathed.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle