collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 518
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: JV Speaks  (Read 6860 times)

Offline Andy B

Re: JV Speaks
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 10:30:39 AM »
I think you'll also find Phil and I are Cannucks.

Is that a breed of duck?  ;)
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

Is that a breed of duck?  ;)

Nope, a loon
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »

You guys play hockey for Vancouver?   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »
So on that theory road rage which is what it was is excusable as its not premeditated?

No.  Formula 1 isn't comparable to road driving and there is a different points system in use for sanctioning drivers.  The fact that he was penalised means that what he did was not excused.  The debate is about whether the penalty was sufficient.

On a point of order here, did Vettel decide to move alongside Hamilton, after the initial shunt, gesticulate and then allow his car to steer towards Lewis or not?

Now unless you're suggesting an unconscious sort of sleepwalking was occurring premeditation must have taken place.

I fully understand that the first impact had no premeditation. However the heavy stop go nature of the penalty - and calling it dangerous driving - are not the usual 5 or 10secs added time for a simple 'causing a collision' charge.  :nono:

IMHO more attention was paid to the second part of the encounter by the stewards precisely because it was something Vettel consciously chose to do in response to a perceived - wrongly it's been proven - action from Lewis.

Now because F1 drivers are more capable of lightning fast decision making than most of us, the great unwashed, his choice can only be considered a plan, hence premeditation.

To put it another way if it's not premeditation it's something far worse - a driver so unable to control his anger he lashes out without thinking.   

Premeditation would have involved Vettel deciding that he was going to take Hamilton out of the race from the start.  Think about Senna versus Prost in 1990, when Senna admitted a year later that he had planned to take Prost out of the race deliberately.  That was premeditation.  That's not what happened in the case of Vettel and Hamilton.

I think that your last paragraph sums up what it was.  Whether that's worse I'm not sure, however, it does demonstrate what I've felt for some time, that is to say that Vettel has a serious anger management problem.  He cannot handle not winning and he loses control if everything does not go his way in every race.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Willy

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2017, 08:16:13 PM »
Hey Cos....are you saying that Vancouver has a hockey team? Wow, is that what they are doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle