collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 421
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeros Austria  (Read 1724 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Heroes and Zeros Austria
« on: July 10, 2017, 08:46:09 AM »
Heroes:
     Bottas right off. He rook pole, made a demon start and generally controlled the race.

The Williams Boys. They kept their noses clean and turned Sauber qualifying pace into points.

My favorite, DannyRicky. Got the best he could expect while slamming the door on Lewis in the late going, heh,heh.

Grosjean, don't know if Haas fixed their brakes but he drove a clean race on a track requiring heavy braking to be best of the rest.

Zeros:

Vettel, he spent the first half of the race whining about Bottas' start and waiting for a penalty when he should have been concentrating on the race.

Hamilton, he whined about how bad his tires were while setting fast lap after fast lap.

Toro Rosso, turned top 10 grid spots into no points.

Pretty boring race until right at the end. Don't know how hard Vettel was pushing early on but if he wasn't flat out, he let Bottas get too far ahead. If Valterri hadn't had a slow pit stop Seb never would have been close. Honorable Mention to the Merc crew, Bottas' left front was frozen to the hub and the gun man dropped his gun and helped yank the wheel off and they still got him out in the lead.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:07:19 AM by lkjohnson1950 »

Lonny

Offline Dare

Re: Heroes and Zeros Austria
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
One exciting last few laps doesn't make for a
good race.

Surely Mercedes shouldn't think any farther about
giving Bottas a new contract
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »
Heroes:

Bottas - In addition to the previously mentioned reasons, he had one of the all-time great starts. I thought he had jumped the start until they showed his in-car in slow motion. The lights clicked off just an instant before the car started to move.

Grosjean - See how well you do when you stop complaining & just drive the car?

Zeroes:

I have to add Kvyat, for playing bumper cars on the start.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 11:01:10 PM »
I was disappointed with Vettel once again calling the stewards into question over Bottas's start when told in the pen that the FIA Stewards had said the start was 0.2  after the lights went out he then said "I'm not so sure".
Does he want to win the WC based on other drivers receiving penalties and if he does not win it will he blame the stewards for giving enough?
Even Ricciardo jumped on his band wagon.
Will Kvyat have a drive next year?
A solid race from Palmer but was it too little too late?
Can RB keep Max?
Blue flags have to go but then listen to the whinging!
Time is running out for Alonso after another DNF even though not a car failure.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
The last few laps of the race were very exciting.  It's a pity that the rest of it was not so thrilling, apart from the drama on the first lap.

Bottas was on top form and thoroughly deserved his victory.  I didn't think that he jumped the start and Vettel really needs to stop complaining about the FIA and other drivers and concentrate on his driving.  His lack of maturity continues to come to the fore when he is not winning.

It was a strange race from Hamilton.  It was one of those days where his head didn't seem to be in the game.  He behaves very strangely when that happens.  I think that he would benefit from someone to help him with his mind management.

Alonso was unlucky yet again at this track, but at least McLaren looked to have gained a bit of performance.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle