collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 394
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hero's and Zero's Silverstone  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Andy B

Hero's and Zero's Silverstone
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:21 AM »
Hero's

Lewis for a perfect weekend.
Bottas for a great fightback  from ninth to another podium, they must keep him!
Ricciardo last but one to fifth was a great drive.
Perez for not whinging about not being able to pass Ocon.
Stewards for not giving a penalty to Max and Set.

Zero's

Kvyat who is next on his list for crashes?
Seb "Does he think its bumper cars" was ironic coming from him.
Kimi for managing to look a misery all weekend.

Worthy of a mention.
Silverstone for putting on a great event.
Billy Monger for looking happy with his lot.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Monty

Re: Hero's and Zero's Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »
^^^^ Have to agree^^^^
Like him or not, Hamilton was in a class of his own. Dominating the weekend and popping in a fastest lap just for fun!
Why can't more drivers be like Ricciardo. Smiles when things are good, smiles when things are bad. Excellent drive!
I still cannot decide if Palmer has what it takes but when the car doesn't even finish the warm-up lap what chance does he have to prove himself.
Alonso should go into politics - in front of the camera he makes his point but always avoids rubbishing the team or the engine manufacturer when inside he must be fuming!!
Finally, I thought the laggard did a fairly good job :)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:12:31 AM »

Seb "Does he think its bumper cars" was ironic coming from him.

Pretty sure that was Max...but still ironic.  :D :D

Agree with all that has been said, but would have to add in the Zero column Ferrari cars and Pirelli tires for both cars to have the same sort of delamination at the same time seemed odd.  Maybe they simply pushed them exactly over the limit.  For a few minutes I was happy Kimi managed to get back his podium after the stop, but when I saw him pouting on the podium, I was less pleased with the result.  I would be thrilled to be on a podium after having an emergency pit stop with 2 laps to go.  Grow up, Kimi. 

Race was exciting for the first few laps and the last few laps.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:29:54 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline ChrisCurtis

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
I agree completely with what's been said here.

The stupid Ferrari punctures cost me two more spot on places in the Grid Game mind. I reckon there's a conspiracy LOL  :DD

I wonder if there's some background politics affecting Kimi's demeanor. It seems odd even by his standards to have such a sulk on.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
Chris maybe Monaco p*ssed him off more than some
thought. At his age wins would be hard to come by and
Monaco was one he had a shot at. You may win by a team
order but deep down you know you didn't deserve it. Seems
the German's don't feel that way!
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 11:21:13 PM »
Heroes:

Lewis Hamilton - for completely dominating the whole thing. I'm willing to put up with Lewis being annoying many times if he puts out weekends like this occasionally.

Daniel Riccardo - for a brilliant fightback from the back row of the grid.

The "Walk In The Fast Lane" team - a group of mechanics and other F1 staffers, who walked 150 miles for charity, visiting every British F1 team on the way, and ending up at Silverstone in time to do their usual weekend jobs.

Honourable mention: am I allowed to mention Charles Leclerc's F2 feature race performance? He started the race with a brake disc on fire, had an exhaust on fire so badly it looked as if the engine had blown, lost a wing mirror and still won. I've heard of drivers winning races with a bad car but it's rare to have a driver winning with apparently no car left...

Zeroes:

Liberty - for complaining about Silverstone exercising its rights to break a contract at the point the previous administration required that to be done, and further compounding the situation by claiming it made a profit on the previous year's Grand Prix when it was actually a substantial loss. This is Liberty's first significant error.

Daniil Kyvat - What was that all about? Carlos Sainz might very well ask the same question. Granted that Carlos could have used a bit more spatial awareness, but he wasn't the one who tried the impossible move or rejoined the track in a dangerous manner.

The Sauber drivers - for colliding with each other, which Sauber needs about as much as it needs a paper dragon feeder. Lower than Daniil Kyvat since blame appears to be applicable to both parties about equally.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »
I'd like to recognise those engineers at Merc who were working 24/7 to correct their balance. They seem to have succeeded admirably. The Mercs had a clear advantage over the Ferraris at Silverstone. Wasn't huge, but it was there.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 10:53:39 AM »
It was a great spectacular event to watch and Hamilton gave a master class in how to dominate.  When he is in this form he is pretty much unstoppable.  I was also very impressed with Bottas who continues to impress more as the season progresses.  He had an iffy start, but now it's clear that he is doing the kind of job required to get his contract extended.

Raikkonen was unlucky to get a puncture, but that didn't excuse his podium sulk.  I thought that was disappointing behaviour.  I do wonder whether something else was going on in the background between him and Ferrari.  Vettel was a bit lacklustre this weekend too.  He was lucky that the puncture he had didn't take off his front wing.

It was another good weekend for Force India and a promising performance from Hulkenburg, but McLaren still don't have reliability from that Honda engine.  They'll be hoping for better in Hungary.

I think that Kvyat may well find that his contract isn't renewed for next season if he continues to make mistakes, while Palmer, for all his mechanical troubles, just doesn't seem to quite have the pace at this level.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle