collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Martin Brundle  (Read 1784 times)

Offline ChrisCurtis

Martin Brundle
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:26:45 PM »
Such a shame that Brundle was taken ill just before the start of the British GP and couldn't take part in the mini feature about his 20 years of the grid walk. Even more so that he missed the presentation of the golden microphone that Damon Hill accepted from Ross Brawn on his behalf.

Lewis hit the nail on the head, Brundle is the Murray Walker of this generation. His no nonsense knowledgeable approach is something I really enjoy on race weekend.

I hope he gets well soon.

Offline Scott

Re: Martin Brundle
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
Sorry to hear he is ill.  Hope it is something minor.

Not really a fan of his, but then I wasn't really a fan of Murray's either.  I used to turn the volume down when Murray got too excited.   |-( |-(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »
He was on Twatter early this morning explaining that he had been suffering from a stomach virus. He seems to be OK now so nothing serious.
I like Brundle but Sky & F1 handed the microphone over to Jenson Button a few times during official coverage and he was great - Martin better be careful :)
DiResta did a good job with Crofty in the Sky comms booth.

Offline ChrisCurtis

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 04:49:06 PM »
He was on Twatter early this morning explaining that he had been suffering from a stomach virus. He seems to be OK now so nothing serious.
I like Brundle but Sky & F1 handed the microphone over to Jenson Button a few times during official coverage and he was great - Martin better be careful :)
DiResta did a good job with Crofty in the Sky comms booth.

I agree, Button did a great job. I never really rated him much as a driver, but as a presenter his enthusiasm transmitted to the viewer. After qualifying in particular, Coulthard recognised Button was doing well and sensibly left Button to it.

Seeing Simon Lazenby and Ted Kravitz bumbling around trying to do an emergency grid walk on race day was funny though. Lazenby in particular was like a rabbit in the headlights. The bit where he spoke to Alonso especially  :o

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »
I never really rated him much as a driver
Go wash your mouth out! That is the future winner of LeMans you are referring to!

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
I hope that Brundle has recovered.  He has had some health issues lately and I still miss his commentary and input while watching the terrestrial coverage.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle