collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 496
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Psycho Cameraman  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Scott

Psycho Cameraman
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has the race recorded, but if you have a peek at the pit stop mania on lap 30 at Spa, watch for a video cameraman running full speed down the pit lane straight through crews that were scrambling out of garages with gear and tires for pit stops.  It appeared his mad run was simply to get to the back end of a Renault as it took off from its pit stop.  Really insane.

It was amazing he didn't crash into any of the pit crews.  It's obviously an FOM cameraman, but unless he had a super experienced spotter telling him exactly what was happening around him (cars running down pit road at the time), and he keeps it up at other races, this guy's days are numbered. 

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Psycho Cameraman
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:46:10 PM »
I thought I saw a camera in a weird place in all that, but I was too busy wondering where the Force India drivers' marbles were to worry about anyone else's...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:22:19 PM »
The photographer was responding to orders from the FOM World Feed control booth. The director was probably telling him something like "Camera 3, Renault box, NOW!" through his ear piece.

Speaking of Force India - When Ocon & Perez started playing bumper cars, the response in the Chat Room was, "Ali isn't going to like that!"   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:48:45 PM »
Speaking of Force India - When Ocon & Perez started playing bumper cars, the response in the Chat Room was, "Ali isn't going to like that!"   ;)

You know me well :D The first time, Dad didn't initially notice until her heard me groan "Oh no, not again..." (Context: I am somewhat notorious for being a Force India fan since the Jordan days. Dad has no specific loyalty, he just likes to see a good race and have a good family time. Mum saw the start, took one look at me and escaped outside - she likes F1 and every underdog in it, but not when team-mates are tearing strips off each other for no reason). After that, he told me he was scared to see 2 pink cars anywhere near each other because of their propensity to collide.

By lap 28, we were looking at the intrepid duo rather nervously, and I was pleading at the TV so loudly that I am surprised Sergio and Esteban didn't hear me tell them to avoid each other. Then I saw Esteban take a tight line into La Source and I knew the Force India's race was over. It took me about 30 minutes to stop screaming at the TV, and Dad wasn't far behind.

By the end of it, Dad and I were in agreement that Force India should bench both drivers for a race, as that was the only way they were going to learn the lesson (and give them chance to put two rookies in a car, at a relatively easy circuit, and let them look at their situation from a new angle). Sergio and Esteban can consider themselves lucky that they actual bosses merely banned them from racing each other and proposed to put them on different strategies in future!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:22 AM »
I cannot point to evidence, but my memory suggests that Perez has caused accidents and team-mate wars wherever he has driven.
I think FIF1 should sack him and get Paul DiResta back from Williams (yes I am a Paul DiResta fan  :DD)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 12:18:07 PM »
It looks like Force India has had enough. Team sporting director Otmar Szafnauer says, "If it happens again, we would have to think about who we will put in the car instead."

Vijay Mallya said that they will now enforce team orders not to race with each other.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/force-india-considers-strong-sanctions-against-drivers-following-belgian-gp
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
I cannot point to evidence, but my memory suggests that Perez has caused accidents and team-mate wars wherever he has driven.

Accidents? Yes. Plenty. Team-mate wars? No. This is Sergio's first offence in his racing career (in fairness, it is also Esteban's first offence).

Paul di Resta is as good a choice as any for Monza (I would have benched both drivers and put somebody - anybody - in the cars for that race to teach the usual occupants a lesson).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle