collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 412
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis Hamilton was 'weird' as a team-mate, says Jenson Button  (Read 3182 times)

Offline Robem64

Lewis Hamilton was 'weird' as a team-mate, says Jenson Button
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »
JB's auto-biog should be a good read - that's going on the Xmas list!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41528046

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

Re: Lewis Hamilton was 'weird' as a team-mate, says Jenson Button
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:02:08 PM »
Yeah, that looks interesting.  Might pick up the kindle version.  Not surprised what he said about Lewis while they were at Mclaren, it was a bit of a Hamilton drama the entire time anyhow. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 08:12:42 PM »
Yeah, that looks interesting.  Might pick up the kindle version.  Not surprised what he said about Lewis while they were at Mclaren, it was a bit of a Hamilton drama the entire time anyhow.

Button (and his father) were probably very good influences on Lewis at that point in his career.  I'm not sure things would have gone well if he'd continued with Alonso at that point in their careers.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Just sad that JB has ruled out a return to F1.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Robem64

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Just sad that JB has ruled out a return to F1.

Echo this....miss him on the grid.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that he won't be back, but I can understand his reason why. I hope he finds his way into a Le Mans or Indy car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 06:23:27 PM »
Interesting title...Life at the Limit.  I wouldn't say JB was a stellar F1 driver, but he probably DID get to the limit every now and again.  I'm sort of on the fence, but then I'm not British, so his accent doesn't do it for me.  He was a bit of a dick in his early years, and a bit too much of a whiner in his latter, but the time in between was ok (lets call them his humble years).   

Comes across a bit too arrogant in interviews, so I hope he doesn't end up as a presenter (not thrilled Mark Webber is either - he's still a bit of a dick with a mic).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 08:21:43 PM »
Interesting title...Life at the Limit.  I wouldn't say JB was a stellar F1 driver, but he probably DID get to the limit every now and again.  I'm sort of on the fence, but then I'm not British, so his accent doesn't do it for me.  He was a bit of a dick in his early years, and a bit too much of a whiner in his latter, but the time in between was ok (lets call them his humble years).   

Comes across a bit too arrogant in interviews, so I hope he doesn't end up as a presenter (not thrilled Mark Webber is either - he's still a bit of a dick with a mic).

A certain level of arrogance would be required to race in F1, I imagine it's hard to tone it down once you're on the world stage, so I don't usually begrudge them that. 

I did resent his treatment of contracts early on, but the owners disregard contracts all the time, so it really should be fair game for the drivers to do so.  He probably advanced the sport a little bit in making sure things are 'iron clad' (which surely benefited Kimi's sabbatical).

I saw his championship as a matter of blind luck, but again, luck plays a massive role in the sport (ask Seb), so I can't really begrudge him that either.

He was one of the top drivers in an era of F1 that produced some surprising results.  He knew what he was doing, and has earned his fame as much as anyone else in F1.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
I think his ability to run on slicks in wet, changing conditions speaks to his talent. Throttle control is a lost art in today's F1.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 01:14:55 PM »
I think that he'd make a good commentator myself.  He acquitted himself well behind the microphone alongside James Allen and Martin Brundle at the 2005 Monaco Grand Prix.

His book looks very interesting.  I'll be buying a copy.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Robem64

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
I'd take Webber or Button anyday over having to listen to the twaddle and dumbjockery that Eddie Jordan blathers on. The bloke is insufferable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle