collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 368
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Honey Badger may be looking for a new nest...  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Scott

Honey Badger may be looking for a new nest...
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:39:01 PM »
I know I certainly would be after the crap that has gone on at RBR this year and their blatant support of MV as their favoured driver, even though DR has brought home far more points and in my opinion been the better driver. 

RBR say they are waiting for 'his' decision, but clearly their best and final offer is on the table and it likely doesn't reflect his achievements within the team.  At least they are willing to wait beyond the Christmas break to ask him to commit. 

Both Kimi and Bottas have only inked 1 year extensions in their contracts, so both those seats are potentially open.  Neither one likes to leave contracts to the last second, so if I was Daniel's management, I would get started on talks with them both. 

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Calman

Re: Honey Badger may be looking for a new nest...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:15:05 PM »
Yes, it's funny how Vettel felt the pressure to some degree when Danny Ric came along to RBR ... and now it's clear that RBR favour the young talent in Max Verstappen.   As it's been mentioned a lot in the last year or two, there is little room to move as far as drivers being able to pick and choose which team they would prefer to drive for.   Until the time comes for Kimi and Alonso to retire from the sport (or even Bottas to leave Mercedes and open up 'top team stock'), drivers like Danny Ric have very little negotiating options available to them .. and would be silly to mis-assess their value in the sport, as so much young talent is knocking on the F1 door.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Robem64

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »
and now Marko chucks his opinion in.....I'd have to say though I probably agree that RBR is DR's best bet

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/red-bull/news/marko-mercedes-ferrari-wrong-move-for-ricciardo_327155.html

Offline Robem64

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »
You have to love these team games!!

Should RBR stick with Renault, I would like to think that Danny Ric would be wise to stick around, especially as he is rapidly looking like the #1 driver amidst Mad Max's form of late.    Judging by the waves of success in F1, you feel that Mercedes have had their run for a few years and although Ferrari have improved over the last 2-3 seasons, RBR may be making their way back to the top.   Renault as a team still feels too risky and if Bottas doesn't satisfy Mercedes enough in the next handful of races, there are plenty of young guns who would be snapped up to partner Lewis.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 06:22:15 PM »
It is in Ricciardo's interest to see which engine will power the RBR next year before inking the contract, so he might be patient. 

But if I was him, I would still wander in and out of a few other motorhomes during his spare time over the next couple of races just to keep RBR on their toes. 

I would be confident that Ferrari is generally able to respond quite quickly to bring their car from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to first, and that is really all he needs.  I think he is a driver that typically can bring a car ahead of where it deserves to be.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle