collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 256
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max & World Domination  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Robem64

Max & World Domination
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
There's being dominant and being boring.....i don't want processions!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132811/verstappen-wants-to-dominate-not-battle-for-wins

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

Re: Max & World Domination
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:01:35 PM »
That’s probably because Max often makes mistakes when he overtakes.  Probably cost him the points he is behind Ricciardo this year, if not more.  :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »
One thing that is true with both Vettel and Hamilton is they both have a feeling for the history of F1, and their place in it.  They understand the sport is best when it is a sport.  Of course everyone wants to run away and win, but Seb and Lewis know that the show is paramount.

I think Kimi, if he'd run his mouth, would have said stuff like Max.  Of course, Kimi knows better than to say stupid things.

Hopefully Max will gain the appreciation.  If not, I feel that he might fade away once he's won a single championship.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »
The only way to dominate races is to have the fastest car (no matter how fast Max thinks he is), and there is no indication that RBR will have the fastest car next year or the year after, so the point may be moot. 

I'm often a bit surprised that the dominant teams haven't noticed that when they send two cars off into the distance, the cameras and fans tend to watch the races in behind, and ignore the two fast cars at least until they come around and start lapping others.  If the TV Director thinks of it, they might show the last lap to the checker for a bit of TV time, but otherwise the cars in fights are guaranteed more TV time.  I bet even with the dirty fights they've had, that perhaps Force India has as much TV time as any other team this year. 

...now if I was a sponsor trying to maximize my sticker exposure, not sure I would be looking at Merc or any team that has a driver with Max's attitude.   :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
The only way to dominate races is to have the fastest car (no matter how fast Max thinks he is), and there is no indication that RBR will have the fastest car next year or the year after, so the point may be moot. 

I'm often a bit surprised that the dominant teams haven't noticed that when they send two cars off into the distance, the cameras and fans tend to watch the races in behind, and ignore the two fast cars at least until they come around and start lapping others.  If the TV Director thinks of it, they might show the last lap to the checker for a bit of TV time, but otherwise the cars in fights are guaranteed more TV time.  I bet even with the dirty fights they've had, that perhaps Force India has as much TV time as any other team this year. 

...now if I was a sponsor trying to maximize my sticker exposure, not sure I would be looking at Merc or any team that has a driver with Max's attitude.   :DntKnw:

Spot on Scott
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 11:34:51 AM »
Perhaps Max is just too stupid to realise that people go to motor races to watch actual racing, plenty of cut and thrust with a bit of wheel banging thrown in for good measure.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle