collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 526
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Helmet cam view-Williams Halo  (Read 2117 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Helmet cam view-Williams Halo
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:59:21 PM »

Lonny

Offline Scott

Re: Helmet cam view-Williams Halo
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
So it does actually have a small wing on it, not just a flap like I thought.  Seems a bit crazy to allow another wing on the car.

I tried watching the track ahead for the next corner, like the driver would normally be doing, and found the Halo only annoying on the long straight, but really, not THAT annoying.  If it saves just one life in the next season or two, it will all be worth it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:50:53 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:37:20 PM »
I'm sure that they'll come up with a reason, like that it prevents the wind from buffeting the driver's helmet, or something.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Philbe

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 04:54:51 PM »
I'm sure it won't take to long for these guys to get used to the view. It's not as obstructed a view as I thought it would be. Wonder if they'll put screen or dials on the stock for driver info.
As an aside, not once in that vid did I catch a glimpse of the front wing. It's easy to see how a driver might loose theirs.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 02:00:39 AM »
I finally watched the video.  It seems like no big deal, though I'm wondering if it will partially block the sun (which is good), or let the sun be blocked and reappear several times a lap, which would make the pupil work like crazy  (we've all seen how bad it is coming out of the tunnel in Monaco).

Offline rmassart

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
I think this will be a bit like wearing glasses or a seat belt. They'll get so used to it eventually they'll wonder if it's actually there or not.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  I think the biggest stink people are making is because of how it looks and perhaps if it makes it more difficult to get out of an overturned car.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »
I guess the idea is that the driver rarely looks straight ahead and focuses on the area to the sides of the support pillar, especially when cornering etc.  I think the big issue will be on tracks where there are inclines such as Eau Rouge, the approach to that will be quite heavily compromised by the Halo I'd have thought. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle