collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 115
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16157 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Liberty Launches F1's 1st Ever Global Marketing  (Read 2182 times)

Online cosworth151

Liberty Launches F1's 1st Ever Global Marketing
« on: March 17, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
Liberty Media has launched a global media campaign for rr1 F1. They are using a tagline 'Engineered Insanity' Here's the first post. See what you think.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/148092-f1-launches-first-ever-global-marketing-campaign

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Liberty Launches F1's 1st Ever Global Marketing
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »
Why in the world would you block your ad from running anywhere?
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »
That's weird.  I got the same 'content blocked' message, but then scrolled down in the article and found the link worked.  It also works on the Youtube Channel -
(does that work in the US??)
It must have something to do with the website that had the video embedded (which is American, which again doesn't make sense why you can't see it in Arizona Lonny). 

As for the ad itself, it's a bit too busy for my taste.  Rather see better music set to super-slow-mo videos of an F1 car sliding through a corner or something.  Showing accidents that are 10 years old and driver push-arounds that are 15 years old in the middle of an ad that might cause some to have seizures doesn't do it for me.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »
We get that a lot in the U.S. Just click on the line that says "Watch on YouTube" & it will play.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
Yup, permissions set to only run on Youtube's platform itself, so will fail on 3rd party website embedding.

Personally, give me Fleetwood Mac's "Chain" and a bunch of cars buzzing away from the Grid .... it was authentic, just like the F1 Logo.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 08:38:30 PM »
Oh I know how to get it to play, I just find it self defeating to block an ad. How many people who aren't fans would just say "Oh Well" and not bother? I would want my ad broadcast as far and wide as possible.

|-(
Lonny

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »
I hear you! .... and my feeling is, if you are going to place a video on YouTube, surely you intend the whole world to see it.  I think region blocking or external viewing permission is stupid.   If you don't want the world to view/share your video, keep it off YouTube.   

There, rant over!! ... the next rant may occur on the 1st lap of the Australian GP!!! lol

Edit:  Did my world famous "here" .. instead of "hear" thing!!  |-(

All the best,

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »
Strange logic by people I thought were supposed to be savvy.  Those who are into it will know where to look for such an advert, but if they share it no one will be able to see it or inclined to follow the link. 

Online cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 03:16:31 PM »
C'mon, Lonnie. You're not really expecting the powers-that-be in F1 to make sense, are you?  ;)
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 08:31:36 PM »
Nope!!   :tease:
Lonny

Online Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »

Edit:  Did my world famous "here" .. instead of "hear" thing!!  |-(

All the best,

Don't worry, around hear we don't get worked up about grammar/spelling mistakes.  If their is anyone who cares, then they keep it too thereself.

I fully understand how easy it is to spout utter gibberish when you're excited to make a post.  I'd rather have that excitement over some fuddle duddle akurasy.

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »
... So, Excitement and spulling mastakes ahr deafoneatlay in, while Fuddle Duddle Somberness is out, GOT IT! lol

All the best,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle