collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 514
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I nominate Ali  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Scott

I nominate Ali
« on: March 18, 2018, 07:50:19 AM »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

Re: I nominate Ali
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
That's actually a pretty serious piece of news.  Australia has a history of pretty incident filled first laps, so whoever does end up getting the job is going to need to be on the ball and know what they are doing.  I don't envy anyone being parachuted into this post at the last minute.

I also nominate Ali though :).
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:30:38 PM »
I'll second that. Alia knows F1 forwards, backwards, upside down and sideways.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »
Can't see there's a real problem, there must be quite a number of experienced race officials able to step up. Sure some of the rules and regs are different but series like world touring cars, Renault V8, Super Formula, etc. etc. have officials who are well used to dealing with standing start races and the problems it throws up.

To my mind this the real issue is the FIA not implementing the full year gardening leave when their employees are poached by teams. If there is this longer timescale the outgoing official doing a race or even 2 before a replacement is in post is not really a problem.

The FIA going against what was agreed in principle with the teams is the cause of such a ridiculous problem.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 09:33:00 PM »
To my mind this the real issue is the FIA not implementing the full year gardening leave when their employees are poached by teams.

They are only doing so because a Swiss court ordered the FIA to cease making gardening leaves longer than 3 months. This is not something a gentlemen's rule can override. The FIA is no more pleased with this than you are, from what I understand - the gardening leave rule acted as a deterrant for anyone wishing to leave the organisation.  They were especially keen to keep Laurent, but Ferrari "outbid" the FIA.

It is Ferrari, not the FIA, which broke the "gentlemen's agreement", though it is not clear if a Swiss court would be impressed if it thought Ferrari was trying to enforce by proxy the agreement that had previously been explicit.

If the FIA had used French contracts, I believe this would not have been a problem, however there are other reasons why the FIA prefers to use Swiss contracts for its workforce. (I'm not sure how many of those are practical and how many merely historical). Besides, it is not clear how well it would work if the FIA started transferring contracts into French law, when it would be fairly obvious it would be doing so merely to make things more difficult for its employees...

I think the FIA will have someone in the wings, though it is unlikely to be their first choice. As for everyone who nominated me, thank you very much - if you can convince my workplace to let me have the weekend off, I would certainly be prepared to have a go.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle