collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11252 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sub-Optimal Weather & 1000th GP  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Robem64

Sub-Optimal Weather & 1000th GP
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:57:07 AM »
Love the phrase "sub-optimal" British weather in this article....in other words, it's a bit s**t!

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11370249/f1-chiefs-wanted-to-move-british-gp-to-stage-1000th-gp-at-silverstone

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Sub-Optimal Weather & 1000th GP
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »
Seem to recall Bernie gave Silverstone an April race date a few years back as a punishment for not getting access roads and circuit facilities brought up to date. It was total disaster as excessive rainfall turned the place into a swamp.

Can't see any circumstance, other than paying no hosting fee, tempting the BRDC into running another GP in April.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:22:18 PM »
There are three other tracks from the 1950 season that would have been far better choices: Monaco, Monza & Indianapolis. Instead, the milestone will happen in front of the empty stands of Shanghai.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Robem64

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:31 PM »
There are three other tracks from the 1950 season that would have been far better choices: Monaco, Monza & Indianapolis. Instead, the milestone will happen in front of the empty stands of Shanghai.

Exactly my thoughts....a track with no F1 heritage and one of, if not THE, most poorly attended race of the season. You couldn't make it up could you.

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
"sub-optimal" British Weather??? ... doesn't that equate to around 358 days a year back in Blighty?  :DD

Seriously though, another major head shakes and I fear there will be a lot more to come!!

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Robem64

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »
"sub-optimal" British Weather??? ... doesn't that equate to around 358 days a year back in Blighty?  :DD

That's generous Cal!

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
Well I can tell you we had 5/7 fantastic weather days in northern Scotland a week ago.  Not shorts weather, but the sun shined most of the day. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 12:04:46 AM »
Well I can tell you we had 5/7 fantastic weather days in northern Scotland a week ago.  Not shorts weather, but the sun shined most of the day.

Most people think that when you head north past the Scottish Borders, you are presented with gloomy grey skies, torrential rain and gale force winds ... on yes, and as a friend from England once informed me, "I went to Edinburgh and it was at least 10c colder than Essex" .... you can dig up as many flowery responses and put them in any order you want - it still won't be close to my reply to that comment of past!!!

My wife (Canadian) gets a giggle how the UK is so competitive on their regional weather reports, when the entire British Isles would fit in a Canadian's back pocket!!!  :DD

It's tough being Scottish, occasionally labelled as "English" or "European" while living in Western Canada ... at least we can all agree on F1 (actually, scrub that!!!!!!!!!!!!)  |-( :yahoo: :DD |-( :yahoo: :yahoo: :DD

All the best,

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
Back in 2016, I went to a WEC race in Silverstone in April, I made the mistake of listening to "Let It Go" on my MP3 player. The morning practise session had to be cancelled due to snow!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:10:17 PM »
Back in 2016, I went to a WEC race in Silverstone in April, I made the mistake of listening to "Let It Go" on my MP3 player. The morning practise session had to be cancelled due to snow!

So, you were listening to "Let it Go" ... when you should have been listening to "Let it Snow, Let is Snow ... Let it Snow!"  :DD

All the best,

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 08:09:37 AM »

So, you were listening to "Let it Go" ... when you should have been listening to "Let it Snow, Let is Snow ... Let it Snow!"  :DD

All the best,

The joke is that "Let It Go" is the theme tune for the film "Frozen", whose plot revolves around someone accidentally setting off an eternal winter ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle