collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 148
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Margarine  (Read 1782 times)

Online Dare

Margarine
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:12:06 AM »
 received this in a email and I don't know how
valid it but makes for read that makes you think

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys.  When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter.  How do you like it?  They have come out with some clever new flavorings.

DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end   gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to 5 grams for margarine.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few and only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine.

Very High in Trans fatty acids.

Triples risk of coronary heart disease

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five times.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response. !!!!!!!!!!!!! Diabetics Note!

And here's the most disturbing fact . . . HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC . . . and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area.  Within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

*no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weenie microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.  Why?  Because it is nearly plastic .  Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Margarine
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
Sorry, we'll have to call BS on this.

Margarine was discovered in the early 1800s (that's right, discovered, not manufactured).  It occurs naturally in animals and plants.  I doubt the email is 100 years old...

It was popularised by Napolean III as a butter substitute suitable to be carried with the army (it doesn't require refrigeration)

Bugs and bacteria leave it alone simply because their systems aren't equipped to digest it.  Same reason people don't eat grass, but cows love it.

It may be closely related to plastic chemically, however plastic is made from petroleum, which is an organic chemical.  The human body is very closely related to the plastic chemical.

However... butter is currently regarded as better nutritionally due to the types of fats included.

Online Dare

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:55:36 PM »
thanks Jeri but your a little misinformed too as
I happen to love a nice bowl of grass with my
toast with my oleo :tease:

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »
My parents told me that it used to be illegal to sell yellow margarine. A law put through by the dairy lobby. The yellow coloring came in a separate packet and had to be mixed in by the consumer.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »
You can't beat a bit of grass now and then.  :P  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Dare

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:39:40 PM »
You can't beat a bit of grass now and then.  :P  :tease:

it's a sheep drawer too :good:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
So this begs the question - Which is best for you?
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Online Dare

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »

I always liked butter

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
You can't beat a bit of butter on your toast.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

david1275

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
You can't beat a bit of butter on your toast.

You can't beat a bit of butter on anything was always my problem.  :D

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »

The answer is that it depends on your diet, and dietary needs.

Butter is better for me, because the animal fats are better for controlling my blood sugar.

However, if cholestoral is your enemy, then some margarines will be the way to go.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle