collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 392
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Diffusers of 2010 cars at Jerez revealed  (Read 2596 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Diffusers of 2010 cars at Jerez revealed
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »

At the end of this piece from Racecar Engineering there ia a link to see photos of the rear ends of most of this years cars. Interesting that already Macca and RBR are running quite different styles of double diffusser, we'll have to wait a bit to see if it results in any big performance differences.

The 'double deck diffuser' was a source of great controversy last season and the concept arguably decided the world championship in Brawn's favour. This year the devices are back and every team has started off with the design in mind.
There have already been questions surrounding the legality of some cars, but as Williams Technical Director Sam Micheal explains, the furore of '09 is not likely to be repeated; "I would be amazed if there were any further rows over the diffusers, because once you have a ruling on an interpretation the limit of that interpretation has not bounds, it is basically down to what the teams can come up with. It is very different to having a different interpretation. I haven't seen anything on the cars yet that is a different interpretation, there are lots of extremes of the interpretation but nothing new."

However Red Bull's Adrian Newey was more cautious on the same topic "in the case of the McLaren and Renault they have huge outlets wich means that logically there are huge inlets. But until they are kind enough to hang their car in the air it is hard to tell exactly what the details are. I imagine that they are doing something different and I think I know what it would be but without seeing it it is pretty hard to tell. McLaren and Renault started early on with the concept of theirs and we started early on with ours, which has the ultimate potential time will tell."
Team have been going to great lengths to hide thier rear ends with many cars being covered in the pits and at the launches however you can find shots of all the diffusers here.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/articlesgallery/26022/1/0/f1-2010-diffusers.html

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline PG_Gabriel

Re: Diffusers of 2010 cars at Jerez revealed
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:53:07 AM »
Being a hopeful F1 Engineer of the future i have been paying quite a bit of attention to the diffusers and how they are built.. I have never seen them all together

Thanks for Posting  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle