collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 145
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11273 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Cosworth 'better' than Toyota's F1 engine - Hulkenberg  (Read 2309 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Cosworth 'better' than Toyota's F1 engine - Hulkenberg
« on: February 12, 2010, 08:17:20 PM »

Sounds like Toyota were right to pull the plug when they did. ;)

I think Trulli & Glock may have more difficulty with admitting cosworth's prowess as their chassis' may not be up to scratch :D

Nico Hulkenberg has admitted that returning engine supplier Cosworth's V8 unit feels "better" and "stronger" than the Toyota power plant.

The German rookie was Williams' test driver in 2009, meaning that the last two formula one cars he drove were respectively Toyota and Cosworth powered.

Williams has this year switched to Cosworth, the independent British supplier supported by the FIA to also power F1's new teams Virgin, Lotus, Campos and USF1.

Asked about the Cosworth engine by reporters at Jerez, 22-year-old Hulkenberg said: "It is good; I'm positively surprised about it."

Asked to compare it with Toyota's engine, he added: "It feels better, it feels stronger."

Thursday was otherwise not a great day for Williams, after a hydraulic leak preceded a driveshaft problem aboard the new FW32 car.

OneStopStrategy.com, Today

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

FW14B

Re: Cosworth 'better' than Toyota's F1 engine - Hulkenberg
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
Well, there is a degree of Nico having to say this, but it is a damning statement!  The Toyota engine was surprisingly poor given their resources.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
Well, there is a degree of Nico having to say this, but it is a damning statement!  The Toyota engine was surprisingly poor given their resources.

I always felt the engine freeze was especially unfair to Toyota.  They'd only been in F1 for a few years before they had to stop development.

On the other hand, Toyota put in some very nice qualifying efforts last season... and Kobayashi looked fantastic out there in his two races.  Maybe it's just an awkward engine/gearbox that happened to suit Kamui's style?

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
I think maybe you have to consider were the tracks Kobayashi raced on engine intensive?  I think they weren't and so the problems of the engine weren't highlighted so much.  I mean, as bad as the engine was, Nico got some great results with it last year and the two factory drivers did well, but it was underpowered and was widely considered the worst out there last year.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »
Toyota put in some very nice qualifying efforts last season...

But that was just because the throttle was stuck wide open and the brakes didn't work!  ;)

I'm not surprised at all! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle