collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 385
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: DC firmly on the fence in Lewis vs Jenson battle  (Read 1685 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
DC firmly on the fence in Lewis vs Jenson battle
« on: February 25, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »

I agree with David that the battle is going to be one of the big plus points in F1 this year, I also find it hard to choose between the two, but I'll have to stick by Jens as I have supported him longer than Lewis. What do the rest of you think?

David Coulthard admits it's hard to predict who is going to win the battle between Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button at McLaren. Several people have questioned the wisdom of Button's decision to join the Woking-based team and Coulthard told Crash.net Radio that the move will give the former Brawn man a chance to show what he's made of.

"He could have stayed within the comfort of Brawn - which has obviously now become Mercedes Grand Prix - and defended his title there, but what he's done is to give us all the opportunity to really see how good he is," the former F1 driver said.

As for who will win the battle between the Brits this year, Coulthard prefers to sit on the fence. "I know them both personally and this is going to sound a bit sycophantic, but I think they're both well-rounded individuals and great drivers, and I'm curious, genuinely curious, to know which one is going to best handle the 2010 regulations and the challenge of competing against each other."

"There's no question that Lewis Hamilton is a great driver and there's no question that Jenson is a great driver, but one of those guys come the end of the season will be on top - and it's going to be fascinating to watch. I don't know the answer - let's wait and see."

Planetf1.com

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: DC firmly on the fence in Lewis vs Jenson battle
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:09 PM »
Hamilton

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
I'm not so sure on Hamilton, JB showed in Brasil that he can race overtake with the best of them(excuding Michael).
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 09:34:14 AM »
Hamilton - no question.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 08:16:27 PM »
Sadly as a fan of Button I'll have to say Hamilton.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »

Where's your bottle man? :swoon: 

I suppose you also think Nico and Rubens might have a chance against Jens. :DD :DD :DD

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

FW14B

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »

Where's your bottle man? :swoon: 

I suppose you also think Nico and Rubens might have a chance against Jens. :DD :DD :DD

Obviously, Williams will occupy 1-2 and even the Hamster won't stand a chance, but that's another story  >:D

Nah, I want Button to win, but I think 2010 might be too soon for him to be fully integrated into the McLaren team to consistently beat Hamilton.  I wouldn't bet against him, but I cannot see it sadly.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
Lewis is just a better driver in a bad car than Jenson is. Everything needs to be just so for him to get the best out of the car and sadly although he is good on his tyres, on a McLaren bad day Lewis will always have the upper hand. If everything is on song I just can't see Jenson doing anything other than keeping up with him.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
I absolutely agree.  It will be hard for JB to accept it, but if he does, Mclaren will be a hard team to beat (but I'm still gunning for Vettel).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »
I reckon we will see a more relaxed Jenson Button now.  If he has any sense he'll know he can afford to be slower than Hamilton and live on the excuse that it is Hamilton's team and he is just settling in this year. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle