collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 129
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16156 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11271 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton's dad  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Ian

Hamilton's dad
« on: March 02, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »
I see that Lewis will no longer be managed by his father, they are lookig around for a new manager for him. The reason given is so that his father can now concentrate on his GP Prep, a young drivers school and they can go back to just being father and son. That sounds cool to me.

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

Re: Hamilton's dad
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
Ahh does this mean we won't see so much on him on TV?  :'(  ;)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »
I know Wiz, I sure am gonna miss his happy smiling face when Lewis ain't winning.  :DD

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 02:55:06 PM »
I just hope he gets his bouncy Pussycat Doll back in the pits.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
She'll be back Cos, they're an item again, I hope they'll be uplifting for you.  :P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:12:48 PM »
Suddenly I'm hoping Lewis does well this season!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:07:10 AM »
A smart move as it is better to have a manager that has some skills in that area looking out for your interests.

Lewis's dad had his heart in the right place to try to do the best for his son but I'm sure it caused all kinds of strain that a family shoudn't have.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
We all like to snipe at Lewis's dad, but there's no denying he worked his butt off in Lewis's early days to keep him going.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »
There are two prominent father's on the grid - Lewis's and Jenson's.  And they are worlds apart in composure. 

Jenson's Dad, who, looking back at Jenson's career, should have had a sour face for years, yet has always shown a positive outlook (if not smiling nervously, at worst a slightly pensive look on his face) or had the presence of mind to remove himself from the camera view if he didn't. 

Lewis's Dad on the other hand seems to take joy (although you wouldn't know it) in scowling at even the slightest setback in a race, and even though he couldn't miss the cameraman setting up in front of him, he remains front and centre (even when Mclaren mechanics are fading into the background), and makes sure the world knows he's p*ssed off at the situation.

No denying he worked his butt off, but if he was the type of in-your-face, aggressive Dad that he comes across as now, I certainly wouldn't have had time for him, or his son.  In fact it's amazing that Lewis has ended up so friendly and mature.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 12:41:04 AM »
The Pussycat Doll has been entered into the next Dancing With the Stars. :D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline raindancer

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »
I am getting mixed signals about this development and look forward to seeing Lewis race and his new manager considering that Brundle and Hakinen have been spoken about.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Willy

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:51:24 AM »
No question that Jensons' dad is a class act. He has always had a good word and a smile no matter what Jens is doing on track.
He deserves to be given accolades along with Jens as they have been a team since the start.

FW14B

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 08:17:24 AM »
True about John Button, he comes across as more humble and a nicer guy.  Also he does not appear to be involved in F1 team politics as much as Anthony Hamilton does/did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle