collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 399
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The real reason F1 sucks - No HD!  (Read 8643 times)

Offline Slugger

Re: The real reason F1 sucks - No HD!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »
I come into my office for every race, so I can watch it on three screens. The left and center screens are video feeds from different sources. The right hand laptop has Timing & Scoring from formula1.com, and the Wizard Lounge (Chat Room). This was during Spa last year.

Very nice cos :)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 12:27:34 AM »

wow! cossie, your set up is very cool mate.  :good:

my only claim towards a decent system is a 5.1 sound system plugged into my 21 inch flat screen CRTubed TV. I love the way it makes the engines sound when I turn the volume up!  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :crazy: :o :swoon:

......and my neighbours have not yet complained as my Logitech XD530 system is good but not insanely powerful; the speakers are the limiting factor as they distort the sound well before the system reaches maximum power.

I also turn on the LIVE TIMING system from Formula 1. com to get more insight into each race.

Works for me.  :D 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »
Of course I was kidding.  I couldn't make out where it was from, but considering it is almost as high as your monitor, I guessed it was massive. 

Nice command center Cos.  Maybe more of us should try to take pictures of how we watch the races.  I hope Darrell sends one in - he's got a TV that rivals some theatres!

OK, but its not worthy of the home videophile snobs but it gets the job done! BTW, these are pics I took when I got tired of looking at the silver bezel...black is sooo much better for viewing! I like taking things apart and making them "better"; most of the time I don't end up with extra bits for the bit-bucket!  ::)  It also makes for great couch surfing, as seen in the last photo.

Computer is in the garage, directly underneath. Most people these days seem to want a fancy HTPC case under their TV..me, I hate ANY noise when I'm watching TV. I just ran all the required cables through a small hole and viola! 100% noiseless home theatre system.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Scott

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »
First shot is at home (before the race - I was setting up the VCR).  Basically that's how I watch if I can get away from the hotel or if the race is at night.  Keep in mind it's not a big TV (only 62cm), but our couch is about 1.5m away, so it's all relative.  Like the first shot, I usually use my iPod for Live Timing.

Second shot is at work standing at the end of the bar.  It's a tiny little screen up in the corner, but I've got new glasses, so it's not so bad.  Doing chat and using my iPod for live timing.  Works pretty well until someone comes in and wants something.  Just out of view is my "Late Show" coffee mug.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:28:59 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
This is my humble set up where I normally watch the race. Oh ignore the Beat The Wiz Team doing some calculations.  ;)
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 10:29:32 PM »
Smart ass...I've seen your car, now show us your TV  :P :P
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
Ali, how you can watch six screens same time at home??  Shocked {gato - 5 posts before end of page 2}

I can't. Not only do I lack the necessary multitasking, but they're usually in completely different parts of the house:

1) Screen on my computer in my bedroom
2) Screen on Dad's computer (mostly internet, plus some games) in the study
3) Screen on Mum's computer (which does accounting and a little photocopying) in the spare bedroom
4) TV in living room for watching TV
5) TV in living room for monitoring foaling box and security system
6) PDA screen (usually lives in my briefcase)

The last one is the only one that can be moved reasonably easily.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle