collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Jenson & Lewis Drive the New McLaren MP4  (Read 10562 times)

david1275

Jenson & Lewis Drive the New McLaren MP4
« on: March 19, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
Don't really like the car but this is quite a cool video.

Offline Scott

Re: Jenson & Lewis Drive the New McLaren MP4
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »
What's with the West logo on the wheels?  Is cigarette advertising allowed on production cars?  :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »
Its the McLaren logo the same as the Nike swish. :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
Oh sorry, the West logo is those two red and white lines that used to go through the drivers names after it was banned.  My oops.

You're right David...I don't like the car much either.  They are going to have to do a lot better if they think they can compete in production cars with Ferrari.  They're miles off.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »
Oh sorry, the West logo is those two red and white lines that used to go through the drivers names after it was banned.  My oops.

You're right David...I don't like the car much either.  They are going to have to do a lot better if they think they can compete in production cars with Ferrari.  They're miles off.

Well Scott, in what ways is this car "miles off"?

[Perhaps the value being way higher than FERRARI's beautiful-to-look-at-pininfarina styled but overpriced and fragile cars?]

Make no mistake, FERRARI will be very worried about McLARENs entry into the rarefied world of prestige supercars and sportscars. With good reason, the McLAREN MP4-12C [fabulous engineering and production standards but such a terrible model name] will attract many buyers who cannot/would not consider buying a FERRARI.

I think their debut car will be a smash hit and will launch a genuine U.K. competitor for top end sports cars. They already have letters of intent from 1600 would be buyers and delivery is expected to take at least 12 months from a firm order

I just want one......in "McLAREN ORANGE" of course.  :yahoo: :good:

Thanks David for posting a great video.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 03:36:29 PM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
sorry, miles off in STYLE.  An opinion.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
sorry, miles off in STYLE.  An opinion.

yeah Scott, I have to agree with you as no one can style a car like pininfarina. It amazes me they have been able to produce stunning cars of sheer beauty for over 60 years; even ZAGATO has not been able to do that.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
It won't let me watch the darn thing.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »
I agree with Lewis at the end:

"I'll take it!"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

david1275

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »
Comparing a current Ferrari road car, say a 458 or 599 with this McLaren is like comparing a real woman with a blow up one!! Technically both should satisfy the needs of a horny man, but which one would you rather??  :D

Offline Philbe

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 06:44:06 PM »
I agree, they'll sell lots of them. How else would a mid engine supercar look but like a 430/gallardo/R8 clone. I think a spyder version would be a fantastic looking car.  :good:

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 08:16:41 AM »
I agree with Lewis at the end:

"I'll take it!"

me too Cossie  :swoon:

here is a link to an article about the car on "CLASSIC DRIVER":

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3300.asp?id=14536

markb

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »
Morning everyone.  Lots of views regarding Mclaren's new MP4.  I personally think it's a lovely car, and judging by the video, it certainly looks as though it handles well.  With regard to some comments made by some of you, that it's not good enough "to challenge Ferrari", well Ron Dennis made it quite clear, that they have not entered this market to challenge Ferrari or anybody else for that matter. 

Given that it's their "first" production car, it doesn't look bad does it?  I suppose only time will tell, but Ron Dennis also suggested at the Press Conferance, that "there will be more models to follow" so guys, watch this space!! 

david1275

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »
Don't worry about me spouting off Markb, it's mostly in jest. My published opinion is sort of basis, being a Ferrari fan I am programmed believe nothing is a good as a Ferrari, even a bad Ferrari, of which there have been a few.  ;)

Truth be told I think this is an amazing car and every bit as good if not better than some of its competitors, even if it does have a McLaren badge. However if I had the £175k it would take to buy one I would probably buy a Ferrari 458 Italia or 599 or 430 Scuderia or California..........damm it I wish I had the problem!!!  :'(

markb

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »
Cheers for your comments David...I wish I had that problem as well e.g."of choosing what to buy with my £175K"......, but alas I don't, so there we go!! 

Without doubt, Ferrari have produced some fantastic cars and have got a longstanding pedigree along with some other manufactures, but I believe that Mclaren will make a bit impact in the super-sports car business, so we'll wait and see what Mr.Dennis has up his sleeve!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle