collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 522
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamiton stopped by Police ....  (Read 5141 times)

markb

Offline Scott

Re: Hamiton stopped by Police ....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 04:48:50 PM »
He has enough fun on the track...and should take it easy off of it.  Silly boy.   :nono:

Do they ship him a personal car (it said that it was his)?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

markb

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »
Yes Scott, I believe it is his, but not for the next 48 hrs!!!!!

markb

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:04:54 PM »
I have just seen the news clip of Lewis when he was stopped by the police, and I must say, he looked well, pretty stupid to be honest.  Why a guy with his natuaral skills and a promising future, would do such a thing like this on the eve of qualifying/GP is beyond comprehension.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:33 PM »
What a stupid thing to do. Lewis ought to know better!!!! :-[
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:19 PM »
From Crash net.

It is also not the first time Hamilton has had his road car removed from him by police, after similar action was taken when he was clocked speeding at 196km/h on a French motorway less than three years ago. How this latest PR blunder will affect his reputation remains to be seen. :o :o

We shall have to wait and see!!!!
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

FW14B

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 08:06:01 PM »
Flies in the face of the road safety schemes the FIA try to support.  Not a good move Lewis  :(

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »

Lads go easy he's a young man. :stop:  I can remember doing loads of stuff I shouldn't driving cars when I was young, sometimes it had consequences either from the boys in blue or the cost of repairing the bumper or wing. I can't think it will do any harm to his reputation or his standing with sponsors, it's better to get bad press than no one talk about you at all. :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
They take your ride away for barking the tires?  :swoon:

Just about everybody I know (including Claw_grrl and myself) would be on foot. If they tried that here, we'd overthrow the government!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 10:16:41 PM »
Yeah he's young, but he's a highly paid professional driver, he should know much better than that.

Even more stupid though is doing it in the state with the toughest road laws in Australia.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 03:43:05 AM »

much ado about sweet FA!

typical b bureaucrats, as if a F! world champion's car is not under expert control

oh the horror - lewis actually spins his wheels

oh the horrendous terror to life and limb

f bureaucrats and their proven failed thinking about road safety

always fixated by speed to the exclusion of everything else

a pox on them all  :tease:
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 04:27:57 AM »
Sorry Sennaman, I gotta disagree, I think it's fantastic that the cops have treated him exactly the same as any other 'hoon'.  It doesn't matter that the car was in complete control, he broke the local laws and was also sending a message that it's ok to behave that way on the streets.  While he knows how to control that situation the young impressionable moron that tries to emulate his activities doesn't have the same knowledge, skill or control and could very well kill someone.

For once the victorian police do something right. (and trust me, that's a rare thing).

markb

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 08:33:07 AM »
Got to agree with romephius...why shouldn't he be treated the same as everyone else?  And besides, if he is the role model he purports to be, it's not the right signal to send out ....and the "bad experience" showed in this morning's quali!!!!  by the way, I am a huge fan of Lewis H.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »
Sorry Sennaman, I gotta disagree, I think it's fantastic that the cops have treated him exactly the same as any other 'hoon'.  It doesn't matter that the car was in complete control, he broke the local laws and was also sending a message that it's ok to behave that way on the streets.  While he knows how to control that situation the young impressionable moron that tries to emulate his activities doesn't have the same knowledge, skill or control and could very well kill someone.

For once the victorian police do something right. (and trust me, that's a rare thing).

no worries Rom. Just my opinion as always.  :D

I still think this law is asinine. Lewis HAMILTON is not a hoon and to be called one for "breaking traction" of his car's tyres, and to have a law like that, just beggars belief.

NZ has one similar too but my fellow Kiwis are so "road anal" I expect them to have such puritanical attitudes/laws but fair dinkum Aussies I thought were above such inanities.

I do support the police but I am dead set against this stupid law unless it is used for the purpose it was established; to get rid of the real hoons of our society and not harass ordinary citizens.

When it is used to quell innocent or harmless exurberance it is embarassing and frankly a misuse of power.

a pox on all bureaucrats and their dumb thinking!
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:12 AM »
Although I'm glad he wasn't treated with white gloves, I wonder sometimes if we can really call the average F1 driver a 'role model'?  A sports icon sure, but considering the antics of many off-track, and a few on-track, why should anyone look to them as a role model?  The marketers may want us to think of them that way when they are hocking the sponsors ware, but come on, many of them got there because of a huge pot of luck and timing, and sometimes just money.  I want my kid's role models to have a lot more than luck, timing or money.  A little more intelligence and a lot of common sense to start with.

Just my opinion.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle