collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Now, Who was Saying F1 in 2010 would be so Boring?  (Read 11969 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
Now, Who was Saying F1 in 2010 would be so Boring?
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »

the Aussie GP has been one of the most exciting GP I have seen in 50 years. Jenson's risky early call for new tyres on lap six makes it possible for him to win.

Perhaps the only thing making F1 boring are the plethora of "safety first" TILKE designed circuits, particularly the one at Bahrain. 

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Chris Borg

Re: Now, Who was Saying F1 in 2010 would be so Boring?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:04:56 AM »
Well done Jenson Button.  :yahoo:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

david1275

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:06:17 AM »
Hear hear Sennaman.  :good:

An excellent race.

markb

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »
Congrats to Jenson, and hard luck to Lewis who drove one of his best races if not THE best, shame about the 2nd pit stop and Webber taking him off, but very good race, and more of the same for Malaysia please...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
I was saying it was boring... ...but I'm not now!  :D
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
Yeah SennaMan one ofthe best races I've seen in a long time. Great tyre call from Jens, plenty of overtaking, Lewis passing either side on his charge, but poor old Mark - just what does he have to do to get a top result in his home race, seems harsh to fault him for his over enthusiasm.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 10:19:00 AM »
Congrats to Jenson, and hard luck to Lewis who drove one of his best races if not THE best, shame about the 2nd pit stop and Webber taking him off, but very good race, and more of the same for Malaysia please...

yeah markb, Lewis drove a brilliant race only spoiled by a wrongly called pit stop and being taken out by an over enthusiastic Mark Webber going for a podium finish. Red Bull must be frustrated at their failure to score points but pace at the expense of reliability is not a WDC/WCC winning strategy.

and all praise for jenson for a fabulous drive. I think he has now silenced the doubters.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

markb

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 10:49:17 AM »

yeah markb, Lewis drove a brilliant race only spoiled by a wrongly called pit stop and being taken out by an over enthusiastic Mark Webber going for a podium finish. Red Bull must be frustrated at their failure to score points but pace at the expense of reliability is not a WDC/WCC winning strategy.

and all praise for jenson for a fabulous drive. I think he has now silenced the doubters.

Yes SennaMan, I do believe Button has silenced the doubters, and lets fasten our seatbelts for an epic battle between him and Lewis H...can't wait for Malaysia!!!

Offline raindancer

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
Great Result for Button and he has shown he is not going to be a push over for Hamilton as everyone predicted. While its just one race, he drove well and won. Exciting race overall and I liked the MS - Jamie Scrap too.
Cheers to Karun Chandok for finishing the race.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »
Jenson Button has well and truly silenced his critics. I for one was of the opinion that he had made the wrong call, but he soon settled down and his laps times soon came tumbling down. Jenson did not put a foot wrong and did so with ease. Considering that he drove on the same tyres for over 50 laps it just shows how clean his driving style is. 8)

Roll on Malaysia.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »
One race does not a career make.  Great call on tires (although I've got to say he had some serious issues on the first and second laps after he changed tires), and very good drive.  Congratulations to him, but I would have to say that many of his doubters will refer to his lack of consistancy, not his one-off's.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
Personally I'd refer back to JB's World Title  ;)  Brilliant call today though and a great drive.  A real statement made there to Hamilton, he is at McLaren and will really push hard. 

As for the racing, I feel like I am suffering bi-polar disorder.  Last time round it was dire and nearly put me to sleep.  This time round it was sensational and I feel a real buzz due to it.   :yahoo:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 01:30:09 PM »

yeah markb, Lewis drove a brilliant race only spoiled by a wrongly called pit stop

I think the truth behind the 2nd stop for Lewis was the team covering all the other teams to ensure at least one of the McLarens made it to first place. At the time of the stop button did not have a big lead over Kubica and Lewis with the Ferraris close behind, if fresh tyres gave a big extra margin then they would be in a tough position about when to stop their 2 cars. The bigger mistake to my mind is not pitting Lewis a bit earlier when he was bottled up behind the Renault. Drivers find it hard to accept that F1 is a team game, always has been and always will be for the teams themselves.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
Personally I'd refer back to JB's World Title  ;)  Brilliant call today though and a great drive.  A real statement made there to Hamilton, he is at McLaren and will really push hard. 

As for the racing, I feel like I am suffering bi-polar disorder.  Last time round it was dire and nearly put me to sleep.  This time round it was sensational and I feel a real buzz due to it.   :yahoo:

yeah, me too Williamsfan. I'm still buzzing some seven hours from the finish and look forward to more excitement at Malaysia where it can rain without much warning.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
It was quite a race. It just goes to show what can happen on a proper circuit. As the late sportscaster Jimmy Crumm would have said, "A real barn burner!" I'm just sad that my favorite drivers, Webber, Vettel & Trulli, didn't do better.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle