collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 356
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso vs Massa...  (Read 9921 times)

Offline Chris Borg

Re: Alonso vs Massa...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:32:34 PM »
I agree John....in fact it took them 21 years to win back the Title, and the man who helped them win it was M.S........... Being a Ferrari driver does not mean that you will become World Champion overnight........Alesi, Prost, Mansell, Irvine, Barrichello, all had a bash but that in itself is not enough, as you have to become one of the family. And as yet Massa has still to deliver, but this time he has Alonso breathing down his neck......We shall see, it will be a very interesting battle. It all depends who will make the most progress out of the two, then The Ferrari politics will come into force. No doubt.

P.S. I forgot the Ice man, whom I miss an awful lot. Please come back Kimi. :good:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »
Aw heck no, anyone but Kimi.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:10 PM »
Aw heck no, anyone but Kimi.

Aw heck yes. Kimi on his day was one of the best F1 drivers. 8)
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Ian

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 10:45:28 PM »
True Chris, but a team needs it more than one day a year.  :P  :tease:  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:01 AM »

And as yet Massa has still to deliver, but this time he has Alonso breathing down his neck......We shall see, it will be a very interesting battle. It all depends who will make the most progress out of the two, then The Ferrari politics will come into force. No doubt.

P.S. I forgot the Ice man, whom I miss an awful lot. Please come back Kimi. :good:

I think you will find it is Kimi who stopped delivering Chris, Massa outclassed him in 08 and was doing the same last year until he was stopped by a bit of a Brawn car. IMO it's Alonso who has to prove he is worth the investment at Ferrari, I'm sure he will do it but if he expects Massa to be easy to best he may find life very hard.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 07:33:17 AM »

I think you will find it is Kimi who stopped delivering Chris,

Hi John, at least "Kimi" delivered the world championship to Ferrari, unlike "Massa" :-[ who has yet to deliver.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
Kimi was a great driver, and did deliver a WDC. That said, he seemed to loose the fire after his championship season. Maybe a year or two away from F1 will rekindle it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
Kimi was a great driver, and did deliver a WDC. That said, he seemed to loose the fire after his championship season. Maybe a year or two away from F1 will rekindle it.

Kimi as we all know is no longer in F1, he has a WDC to his name. It is now down to Massa to deliver a WDC. I doubt very much that with Alonso breathing down his neck that he will be in a position to deliver.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:41 PM »

I hope so.

He did seem to get some of the fire back in 2009, he did get a lot out of that Ferrari, even if he had to wait for Massa's accident to find it.

Offline Scott

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 04:56:37 PM »
I think Kimi had more in him - but I suppose he got tired of the circus and media attention.  I would like to see him come back, but I somehow doubt he will (unless he keeps crashing out of the rallies, and gets tired of bashing his head around the inside of those little hatchbacks). 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 05:41:10 PM »
I really do hope Kimi comes back in 2011, I miss him as a racer and as a personality on the grid.  Yeah that sounds crazy, but he was very funny to listen to in his interviews.  A new team that wants him and gives him the freedom he craves and I think we'll see the fire back.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »

yeah cossie KR lost it big time and as I have posted in other threads his WDC was lucky;

FERRARI was not penalised any of the 10 points for winning the Aussie GP with a blatently illegal 'movable floor';

McLAREN and Hamilton gave him the WDC with stupid strategy in the last 3 races;

he won by one point

......and if he was that good, why didn't any other team engage his services?

......he got too greedy, too arrogant and too lazy - and the other teams knew it

.....and his non-acknowledgement of MS's F1 driving skills [michael was a FERRARI consultant at the time] was not only churlish but put him offside with the FERRARI team

and felipe MASSA, who was happily being mentored by MS [and hanging on every word] was kicking kimi's butt from practice to raceday - especially on race day!

lol, other than that, I like the guy - NOT

precious prats and pretentious prima donnas with "......the work ethic of a 1960's hippie" [lol,someone in the industry recently described him thus] have no place in the professional ranks of F1 pilots anymore

i will be very surprised if he ever gets another F1 drive

as always, just my opinion  ;)

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

david1275

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »
Just in case you ever need it SennaMan.

http://www.kimiraikkonen.com/fan_club/

Never was a fan of his either, although I am thankful for his contribution to Ferrari. Unless he changes the exact thinks you mention in you post, greed, arrogance and laziness, I don't think we will see him back.

Offline judy

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 06:00:07 AM »
I was never a fan of Kimi but I disagree with the comments about his arrogance. I think he is one of the few F1 drivers (besides JB) who does not display any arrogance at all, even after winning the WDC.

I think arrogance is the exact word to describe Schumi and I never like his arrogance. I really enjoyed F1 after he retired in 2006 and I think the F1 was much more pleasant wthout his presence from 2007 to 2009.

markb

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »
I was never a fan of Kimi but I disagree with the comments about his arrogance. I think he is one of the few F1 drivers (besides JB) who does not display any arrogance at all, even after winning the WDC.

I think arrogance is the exact word to describe Schumi and I never like his arrogance. I really enjoyed F1 after he retired in 2006 and I think the F1 was much more pleasant wthout his presence from 2007 to 2009.

Spot on Judy, Kimi wasn't arrogant, brilliant driver imo, but certainly, lazy and didn't really contribute much (outside of racing) to the sport that paid him so much money, and regarding Schuey, well arrogance was/is still is trademark....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle