collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 623
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Malaysia Heroes and Zeroes  (Read 1712 times)

FW14B

Malaysia Heroes and Zeroes
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:11:40 PM »
Heroes:
Red Bull- for lasting a whole race and giving their drivers a well deserved 1-2.  This should have happened in the preceding two races.  Great drive by Vettel as well.

Hamilton- Amazing drive through the field.  Not unexpected given the pace of the car but well done nonetheless!

Sutil- Great race for him and did very well holding up Hamilton.

Rosberg- A quiet, understated drive but a good podium for him and the first for Mercedes GP.  Destroyed Schumacher throughout the weekend.

Zeroes:
Ferrari- A pretty poor weekend all round compounded by failures for them and their customer teams.  Massa and Alonso are fast but the team seems to lack that organisation of the last decade. 

Williams- So promising, admittedly due to the rain, but so disappointing today.  I am worried about this season.  Don't let Cos see this, but I am worried about the engine.  Great for Hulkenberg though.

Sauber- Another double failure, the team really did a great job deceiving us in the winter tests, they're sadly not a great outfit right now.  I know, I know, BMW didn't do a whole lot to help the situation, and Ferrari customer support seems lacking too.

Offline Scott

Re: Malaysia Heroes and Zeroes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »
Heros:

-Like WF said, hats off to RBR (and for that matter STR) for providing the cars and the drives to make a 1-2 (and 9-11).  Sorry for Webber that he was blown away on the first corner by Vettel.  He showed that he had the speed today that probably would have kept him in front if he had won that initial drag race.
-Hamilton - Wow...fantastic job.
-Rosberg - great drive, great pace.  You deserve a few smirks thrown towards your teammate, who wasn't making any impact even before his breakdown.
-Alguersuari - pass of the race in my opinion.  Outside on Hulkenberg.  Had a wiggle at the worst possible moment, but he sucked it up and made it through.  His teammate Buemi deserves special mention as well as I think the STR's had more replay moments than anyone else, all for overtaking.

-Hukenberg for being the fastest Cosworth.

Zeros:

-Mclaren-Ferrari, for completely blowing Q.  At least Mclaren made something of it in the race thanks to Hamilton's 8-9 place jump at the start.  Button was struggling to get anywhere near Hamilton's pace though.  I wonder what the problem was.

-Ferrari for giving Sauber crap engines.

-Rubens - I had him picked because I thought it would be a wet race, and I know how well he does in the wet, but what happened?  Did he forget to put it in gear??

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
Hero's

from what I've read

Vettel-all he needed was the car to
         be reliable.Next WC ?

Webber-nice 2nd but I bet he's disappointed

Hamilton-nice drive thru the pack

Rosberg-is he beating MS or has Michael lost
             his edge and become a mere mortal drive

Zero's

my alarm clock-thanks alot

Sauber-really disappointed in them,would Fisi have
           helped any?

MS-Not what I expected from his return to F,still it's early

the rain-who said predicting the rain was too easy in the GG

Asian races-2 resons.the time and they suck

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »

Heroes:-

Red Bull - for the 1-2, at last!
 Lewis, and to some extent JB, - for drives from the back into the points.
 Petrov - for the entertainment he gave us when fighting for position with LH.
 Algeusauri  -for some feisty driving, especially to take the Williams, to get some deserved points.

Zeroes:-

Sauber - was it just engines or general car troubles as well?
 Ferrari - two Saubers and Alonso, are they in trouble with the power plant?
 Glock - for shunting a Lotus at their home GP, how not to make friends!
 McLaren - for having a car that goes well on full tanks but fails to get the job done on lighter fuel in the later stages both in OZ and here.

Special mention:-  the HRT boys for both cars getting home, even if it was only just ahead of the support race cars and the late evening news. :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

david1275

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:01:08 PM »
Heroes

Red Bull - Faultless weekend and a well deserved victory.

Nico Rosberg - Again making the master look like an amateur.

Adrian Sutil - Great drive to 5th. The Force India is starting to look like a force in his hands anyway.

Lewis Hamilton & Felipe Massa - For excellent starts and drives through field, inspired by both drivers. Extra special mention to Massa as I seem to be the only person that noticed that he was on Hamilton all the way.

Fernando Alonso - Again an excellent drive through the field, not helped by a gear bag instead of a gear box. Shame the engine had to go.

Vitaly Petrov - Best entertainment of the afternoon chasing the weaving Hamilton. Any more weaving we might have had a wee basket!!

Zeros

Ferrari & McLaren - For blowing quli.

Ferrari Engine Department - What to hell happened this weekend lads?? Let that be the end of that craic!!

The weather - Where was our rain?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
Heroes:

RBR - They really are looking like the team to beat.

Petrov - He gave Hamilton all he could handle. Great drive!

Hamilton - Did a good job working his way back up through the field.

Ferd - Made the best of a car with a failing gearbox.

Zeroes:

Ferrari - The prancing horse seems to be becoming a swaybacked old nag.

Glock - Pinballed off of Trulli early on.

The rain - Pulled a Dare and overslept. ;)

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle