collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Idea for viewing GP races...  (Read 9965 times)

markb

Idea for viewing GP races...
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »

This is an extract from Planet F1 websit user suggestion...

brimstone says...

* Recommend (2)

I have worked out how to watch F1...... The Viewers Guide to viewing F1 2010. Important !!! the qualy sessions are a must see. It is the only time that you get to see the cars showing real speed and potential. The race, view the first 5 or 6 laps for any early incidents, then press Record. View something else, mow the lawn, have a kip or read War and Peace Then come back latter and you can view the rest in fast forward, stopping if something interesting happens. Then play back the last 5 or six laps at normal speed. Bingo........... Forget Bernie's shortcuts, kers or an increase revs overtake button. If every car has that then nothing changes. The powers that be have sanitised my favourite sport to the point of bye bye audience. Stupid street circuits Valencia and Singapore, stupid tyre rules, and other restrictions that just make me go Why ??? Bring back refuelling

Posted: 05/04/10 6:45pm   ... :crazy:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Idea for viewing GP races...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »

So what's new my son, who is now 24, has watched F1 that way for at least 5 or 6 years so brimstone must either be over a certain age or slow on the uptake.  :D

Just for reference my son stayed the whole way through the Melbourne race this year, undoutably it will go down as a classic, :good: back to normal at Maylasia and disappeared off about lap 11.  ::)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:25:49 AM »
I have a confession to make....

When I first started watching F1 right around the time Michael Schumacher burst onto the scene (gawd, don't remind me how painful that was! I don't really know why but I was never a fan during his heyday) I would get up at 3AM faithfully, sometimes driving great distances to seek out other F1 watchers, and watch the entire race.

With the advent of the PVR (or DVR or TIVO depending on where you live) I've started recording the race. I'm not too worried about having the results spoiled before I watch since over here in North America you're hard pressed to get any mention of F1 ANYWHERE on TV or radio except race day and even then its a quick 15 second blurb about who won. In the last few years when its obvious I'm watching a parade I press my 30-second skip button and reduce the race down to about a 15 minute experience. Am I bummed out I might be missing anything? Not really, what's to miss? Another 4 second pit stop? YAWN! Another radio session between the driver and whoever tells them to go faster? YAWN! But I am concerned I may miss a great quote or two from Martin Brundle!

Somebody give Murray Walker a few mil to come back and I'll definately watch the whole race. For me, he always will be the voice of F1!
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

david1275

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »
I have to say I usually don't miss a lap of any weekend no matter how dull the race can be. Now that the BBC's coverage is so good this can include all three pratice sessions.  :crazy:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »
I try to catch the entire weekend if I possibly can and usually succeed. It's generally worth the effort.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Jugirl

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »
I know some races can be dull but you never know when something will happen and seeing it in record just isnt the same. There is always the risk of a mate texting you the result too before you have seen it, how annoying would that be!! grrr Most races are always worth watching for me though anyway as Alonso is nearly always at the front :D and its always worth listening to Hamiltons radio when he isnt winning for a laugh too hehehe :p
jugirl

FW14B

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:56:33 AM »
The best situation then is to find friends who don't like F1 (or not to give your mobile number to F1 fanatics ;) ) or to just have no friends at all :D   Then you can watch recordings of races without interruption! 

markb

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 01:08:35 PM »
I know some races can be dull but you never know when something will happen and seeing it in record just isnt the same. There is always the risk of a mate texting you the result too before you have seen it, how annoying would that be!! grrr Most races are always worth watching for me though anyway as Alonso is nearly always at the front :D and its always worth listening to Hamiltons radio when he isnt winning for a laugh too hehehe :p
jugirl

I think you must be watching different GP's to the rest of us when you say "Alonso is nearly always at the front" :DntKnw:  :DD...as regards Hamilton's radio broadcasts, we "nearly always" hear him congratulating all his team for all the good work they have done......after winning or finishing on the podium.  He (LH), has certainly been on the podium more times than Alonso over the past 2 years or so, and he cetainly made Alonso look quite ordinary when he was no.2 at Mclaren! 

Offline andyb

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »
Right i feel i must step in here. Firstly Alonso has won a race this year, massa has finished 2nd, both are right at the top of the table and ferrari are winning the constructors. How many has Lewis won this year? been on the podium this year? one third place i believe. Congratulations to his team? " this was a really bad idea guys" remember him saying that??? And he was only off the pace because Renault were so poor!! ie Lewis last year in a rubbish McLaren
As for Williams i think its good having mates with similiar interest UNLESS they text you saying JB has won the race when you are planning on watching the re run of the australian grand prix, so jugirl i totally agree! its bloomihg annoying!! hehe
Wasnt really quite sure what you meant by your message williams either surely its good to have friends with your number with similiar interests. I for one would love to watch a race with jugirl so we could cheer the Ferraris on to a double championship leaving silver rubbish in there wake :D hehehe
andyb
Prancing Horse rules!

markb

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 01:56:23 PM »
Calm down buddy, I'm sure Jugirl can speak for herself!  Let's wait and see who finishes where at the end of the season..... "It's not a Sprint, but a Marathon"  :tease:: ::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:10:56 PM by markb »

Jugirl

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 08:32:35 AM »
Thanks for sticking up for me Andyb. Yes mark it is a marathon but getting a good start is essential. Look at JB last year, he fell over the line in the end but his incredible start got him there. If Ferrari can still be top after the next three races they will be hard to catch. Anyway if anyone does catch them it wont be lewis :p hehe

FW14B

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »
Andy, it was a joke, if you have no F1 fans as friends then you can watch recordings of races after they have happened without fear of finding out the result before you finish watching it.

markb

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
Thanks for sticking up for me Andyb. Yes mark it is a marathon but getting a good start is essential. Look at JB last year, he fell over the line in the end but his incredible start got him there. If Ferrari can still be top after the next three races they will be hard to catch. Anyway if anyone does catch them it wont be lewis :p hehe

I think you will find this season's story somewhat different from last year - Button "ran away" with the first 6/7 races - This year's start has been quite mixed, and if you'd care to look at the table thus far, the difference in points for the first six or so drivers is minimal, especially with the new points system, and a more closely matched cars....

Offline andyb

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »
It is close so far this season but from a Mclaren perspective mark you must be fearing the other teams inventing their own F wings?? This will only put you further on the back foot. The only real fear i have from a Ferrari supporter point of view is the Red Bull of Vettel. Hopefully that will encounter the errattic nature with its own engines it did last season then it will be Ferrari all the way :D
Williams sorry i must have mis read your message, it still didnt stop me wanting to hit my mate for spoinling the race though :D from now on the phone stays off !!
Jugirl "fell over the line" comment about JB....LMAO he literally did fall over the line and only just managed that haha
Prancing Horse rules!

markb

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »
Yeah ok Andyb whatever you say mate....! :DntKnw:....p.s I can just picture the Whole of the Mclaren team, including Whitmarsh.....knees trembling 'cause other teams are "trying" to design their own F-ducts....NOT!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:36:44 PM by markb »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle