collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Idea for viewing GP races...  (Read 9985 times)

Offline stealthhaggis

Re: Idea for viewing GP races...
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
Wow, I go away for a few weeks and come back to a massive Ferrari/McLaren war of words! You're all selfishly caught up in your own little worlds! Will you not think of the children?! And by children I mean HRT, Virgin and Lotus! And more importantly poor old Williamsfan?! His team used to be right up there with McLaren and Ferrari and yet you are making him try and take sides, cruel, very cruel.

Oh and for what its worth, my money was on Alonso for the title, Massa is a great guy but has a back seat driver to guide him everywhere, Lewis is right up there with Alonso, Button is doing a great job but is definitely turning into Chris Martin from Coldplay.

Also to nail my colours to the mast, if I had to choose a team out of the 2, under Todt & Dennis, it would have been McLaren. Now with the new team principles and new attitudes it's a closer call. I guess the way you'd look at it would be you'd want to be in a McLaren for most of your career as they are exactly what modern F1 is all about, slick, professional etc. But for one season at least you'd want to drive for Ferrari as they are what F1 was all about, history, passion etc. Having said that I respect McLaren more than I respect Ferrari, thats changing now Todt is gone mind you. So McLaren for me by a Schumacher nose cone.

markb

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »
Wow, I go away for a few weeks and come back to a massive Ferrari/McLaren war of words! You're all selfishly caught up in your own little worlds! Will you not think of the children?! And by children I mean HRT, Virgin and Lotus! And more importantly poor old Williamsfan?! His team used to be right up there with McLaren and Ferrari and yet you are making him try and take sides, cruel, very cruel.

Oh and for what its worth, my money was on Alonso for the title, Massa is a great guy but has a back seat driver to guide him everywhere, Lewis is right up there with Alonso, Button is doing a great job but is definitely turning into Chris Martin from Coldplay.

Also to nail my colours to the mast, if I had to choose a team out of the 2, under Todt & Dennis, it would have been McLaren. Now with the new team principles and new attitudes it's a closer call. I guess the way you'd look at it would be you'd want to be in a McLaren for most of your career as they are exactly what modern F1 is all about, slick, professional etc. But for one season at least you'd want to drive for Ferrari as they are what F1 was all about, history, passion etc. Having said that I respect McLaren more than I respect Ferrari, thats changing now Todt is gone mind you. So McLaren for me by a Schumacher nose cone.

Good call !!!  :good:

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
Wow! And I thought hockey was a religion over here! LOLOL  :o 

note to self, *never* reveal whom I'm a fan of!  :DntKnw:
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

markb

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 08:09:28 PM »
Wow! And I thought hockey was a religion over here! LOLOL  :o 

note to self, *never* reveal whom I'm a fan of!  :DntKnw:

No harm in revealing your "true colours or belief matey, as long as you have faith in what you are saying and to then stick to your guns....simple as that really, it's a free world, and everybody is entitled to their opinions...no matter what.  :good:

FW14B

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
Great post Stealth, no one ever thinks of poor old Williamsfan  :o  They even try to make me vote for one of their teams.  But little do they know, we'll be back, and we'll make them eat dust (whilst they lap us for the third time)!  Ha ha >:D

markb

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
Williamsfan, never underestimate your own team!!!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
Jugirl "fell over the line" comment about JB....LMAO he literally did fall over the line and only just managed that haha

There was me thinking JB wrapped the title up before the last race and then beat his teamate into a distant 3rd in the championship as well.  :D  Of course it was easy he's a top man which is why he is in a top car again this year, :P ask Frank Williams he wanted him back a couple of years ago. :good:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

FW14B

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
I never underestimate my team, trust me, but I am not going to sit and argue they can win championships any time soon.  We're more likely to be lapped than to get a podium right now and that is a fact as it is happening!  

FW14B

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:58 PM »
Jugirl "fell over the line" comment about JB....LMAO he literally did fall over the line and only just managed that haha

There was me thinking JB wrapped the title up before the last race and then beat his teamate into a distant 3rd in the championship as well.  :D  Of course it was easy he's a top man which is why he is in a top car again this year, :P ask Frank Williams he wanted him back a couple of years ago. :good:

JB is a top, top driver, there is no doubt.  It bugs me that people try to discredit his title because he won so many races in the early part of the season.  He held off an incredible challenge from Vettel and the Red Bull team and was a more than worthy champion. 

markb

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Hear hear !! :good: :good: :good:

Offline Ian

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »
Out of all the teams I would love to see Frank Williams at the top again, I think he's the only true race team owner with F1 flowing through his veins.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

FW14B

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »
Unsurprisingly Ian, I agree with you fully  :D

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
JB is a top, top driver, there is no doubt.  It bugs me that people try to discredit his title because he won so many races in the early part of the season.  He held off an incredible challenge from Vettel and the Red Bull team and was a more than worthy champion.

JB showed what he was made of towards the tail end of last season. :good:
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

Right with you there about Frank, Patrick and the team Ian. :good: Trouble is it doesn't look like being anytime soon. :(

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline andyb

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
Lets be honest JB was a bit lucky last year, his car was amazing at the start and Vettel had engine trouble all year. It would have so been a different story if Renault had a better engine for Vettel.
McLaren will be worried about there start though lets be honest though compared to last year its amazing haha. They only just pipped Ferrari to third last year because they were flogging a dead horse, Ferrari used brains and went for this years development which is seeing them lead in both championships and will continue to do so right up until Abu Dhabi:D
Another disappointing, though not from my point of view, season for lewis and Mclaren HAHA :D
Prancing Horse rules!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle