collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 333
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Idea for viewing GP races...  (Read 9951 times)

FW14B

Re: Idea for viewing GP races...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 08:24:52 AM »
What makes Button any more lucky than any Ferrari driver, or come to mention it any driver ever who has had a car that at some point of the season was far more dominant than it's rivals?  In the early part of the last decade the Ferrari was simply a class apart from the others, so Schumacher was lucky to win 5 world titles because the McLaren team had issues with some of it's cars and some poor reliability for Raikkonen?  Or that BMW Williams couldn't get that consistency together to win a championship?  Button did everything he had to do, he answered every question asked of him and came up as world champion, every bit as deserving as Kimi (won by one point) Raikkonen or Lewis (won at the last corner) Hamilton...

As a Ferrari fan, are you not worried that despite spending all of last year developing this year's car, Ferrari have won one race out of 3, don't look special compared to Red Bull, have engines with the strength of a wet paper tissue and still seem to lack the decision making of the early 2000s?  Just a question, not an attack  :good: By the way, a disappointing season has so far seen McLaren win just as many races as Ferrari  ;)

markb

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »
What makes Button any more lucky than any Ferrari driver, or come to mention it any driver ever who has had a car that at some point of the season was far more dominant than it's rivals?  In the early part of the last decade the Ferrari was simply a class apart from the others, so Schumacher was lucky to win 5 world titles because the McLaren team had issues with some of it's cars and some poor reliability for Raikkonen?  Or that BMW Williams couldn't get that consistency together to win a championship?  Button did everything he had to do, he answered every question asked of him and came up as world champion, every bit as deserving as Kimi (won by one point) Raikkonen or Lewis (won at the last corner) Hamilton...

As a Ferrari fan, are you not worried that despite spending all of last year developing this year's car, Ferrari have won one race out of 3, don't look special compared to Red Bull, have engines with the strength of a wet paper tissue and still seem to lack the decision making of the early 2000s?  Just a question, not an attack  :good: By the way, a disappointing season has so far seen McLaren win just as many races as Ferrari  ;)

:good: :good: :good: Well said Williamsfan, I couldn't have put it better myself, but to be honest, we can go on for ever can't we.....?  Sometimes I seriously wonder whether we are watching the same races and talking about the same championship, because some observations/comments popsted by certain members are puzzling to say the least!! :DntKnw:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 10:03:16 AM »

:good: :good: :good: Well said Williamsfan, I couldn't have put it better myself, but to be honest, we can go on for ever can't we.....?  Sometimes I seriously wonder whether we are watching the same races and talking about the same championship, because some observations/comments popsted by certain members are puzzling to say the least!! :DntKnw:

Sure be a dull old world without any dissenting voices, it's good that we don't all see things the same way.

Heck, just what would we talk about in this very forum if we all agreed about everything  :confused: :DntKnw:

"Vive le difference"!  :good:    - Except, I still agree with you wf about JB :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline andyb

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »
Crikey hasnt this gone off topic. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team and following them passionately but where as i have admitted i am worried about vettel and his redbull, where is markb's realism about the McLaren??
I obviously hope and believe Ferrari will sort out there engines come europe which i believe they are saving for those races. (edit Wizzo)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:39:38 PM by Wizzo »
Prancing Horse rules!

Online Jericoke

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
Jacques Villeneuve leaving the sport has been the best thing for me as a fan.  While he was in there, I was pulling for him every race, no matter how awful he or his team performed.  There were races I was lucky to hear his name once.

Now that he's gone, I'm watching the sport.  I'm watching the teams and drivers scramble to the top.  I watch strategies unfold, and rather than hope someone made the right decision, I just hope that someone else makes an equally interesting decision.

I'm now a fan of F1 first and I want to see Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and RBR fight to the wire.  I don't care who wins, I just want a good show.  

(Well, okay, I'm expecting Vettel to win, hoping that Hamilton wins, and wishing that Williams would show up on the top step again... but I'm not going to worry if that doesn't happen.)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »
How about a shout for Kubica dragging a Renault to the front. If they can turn the new management/engineering combo into some real development they may win a race yet. Sorry, most of you know I never liked Frank Williams. I think he's just about where he deserves to be. McLaren stopped being of interest to me when Bruce died, Peter died and Denny retired. Ferrari is Ferrari, I liked them before MS came along, now not so much. Frankly F1 was way more interesting when it was Lotus, BRM, etc. :DntKnw:

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »
Crikey hasnt this gone off topic. some people really do start to waffle ...mentioning no names of course. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team and following them passionately but where as i have admitted i am worried about vettel and his redbull, where is markb's realism about the McLaren??
I obviously hope and believe Ferrari will sort out there engines come europe which i believe they are saving for those races.

Threads going off topic has been mentioned more than once andy and it is something I approve of. I like the thought of these threads being more like conversations and going off on a tangent just as they would if we were all talking in a room. Where will the conversation end up? No one knows.

On a separate note please refrain from commenting on other members and there is no swearing allowed - Ever.

Wizzo

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:34:55 PM by Wizzo »
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »
Is that unless it's about Neil Wiz ?  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:08 PM »
You can't beat a good tan-gent, unless it's a bad tan-woman.  :P  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »
Crikey hasnt this gone off topic. some people really do start to waffle ...mentioning no names of course. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team and following them passionately but where as i have admitted i am worried about vettel and his redbull, where is markb's realism about the McLaren??
I obviously hope and believe Ferrari will sort out there engines come europe which i believe they are saving for those races.

Threads going off topic has been mentioned more than once andy and it is something I approve of. I like the thought of these threads being more like conversations and going off on a tangent just as they would if we were all talking in a room. Where will the conversation end up? No one knows.

On a separate note please refrain from commenting on other members and there is no swearing allowed - Ever.

Wizzo

Swearing is not not the answer by any means, but constructive criticism is the way for a seasonable conversation.....IMO.

You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 08:13:29 AM »

Wizzo

Ah, so thats the real reason why Kimi left then! These new F1 rules are very strict if you ask me........ but then it may also explain why McLaren had to rename there F Duct system!

Oh and I am a serial off topicer! You have been warned... :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:17:09 AM by stealthhaggis »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »
Many of us, myself included, are old duffers. Our minds tend to wander a bit.  :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

david1275

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 08:45:42 PM »
Crikey hasnt this gone off topic. There is nothing wrong with supporting a team and following them passionately but where as i have admitted i am worried about vettel and his redbull, where is markb's realism about the McLaren??
I obviously hope and believe Ferrari will sort out there engines come europe which i believe they are saving for those races. (edit Wizzo)

:(>:(

Wizzo edit?? The red flag flys at half mast today Andy.

FW14B

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »

Wizzo

Ah, so thats the real reason why Kimi left then! These new F1 rules are very strict if you ask me........ but then it may also explain why McLaren had to rename there F Duct system!

Oh and I am a serial off topicer! You have been warned... :D

It's true, he is  :D  I like it that a thread can just go anywhere like a natural conversation tends to do.

Btw Stealth, great theory on Kimi :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle