collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 151
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mclaren update..  (Read 1009 times)

markb

Mclaren update..
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

FW14B

Re: Mclaren update..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:35:17 PM »
I'd be more concerned if they showed fear, as a top team they have to play their cards close to their chest so not to alert the other teams to any weaknesses.  I would be surprised if, given their relative pace, they put out any negativity.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »

The last few paragraphs almost go into 'Ron speak', so have Macca abandoned their attempts to develop and use a 'ride height' suspension system or not? :confused:

I am inclined to believe they wont run any thing in China but as to the future.......??? :DntKnw:

I also get the impression they still think Bed Bull have something on their car, the big problem for Macca and everyone else is what????? :crazy:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

markb

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »

The last few paragraphs almost go into 'Ron speak', so have Macca abandoned their attempts to develop and use a 'ride height' suspension system or not? :confused:

I am inclined to believe they wont run any thing in China but as to the future.......??? :DntKnw:

I also get the impression they still think Bed Bull have something on their car, the big problem for Macca and everyone else is what????? :crazy:

The problem is though John, they know R.Bull are up to something but they can't prove it!!! :'( :'(

Offline andyb

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 10:39:42 PM »
Oh its all spouting for the media. They are just Pi**ed off because they cant cheat to catch up the redbull which has been declared legal. As a Ferrari fan i am worried about Vettel's pace, but really dont fear McLaren at all as i think they will go backwards as others do develop the F Duct. Williams is right McLaren will never show fear because they are a big team with high ambition but behind closed doors they are really Sh**ting themselves :p
We all know Ferrari will win :D
Prancing Horse rules!

markb

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:43:01 AM »
Lets hope your horse keeps "prancing" for your sake, and not fall flat on it's a..se! Enjoy :good:

Offline andyb

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
A prancing horse with three legs sitting on its ar*e and no eyes would be quicker than lewis and all his toys he needs with him to throw out of his cockpit.
Prancing Horse rules!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
Now, now, play nice. Ride height adjustment is not new. Ground effects cars all had it after skirts were banned. That's why planks were introduced. I haven't seen anything saying you couldn't adjust the ride height during the race. Is that allowed? I have seen a system using a third spring/shock. I think it was in CART. Anyone?

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 05:18:09 PM »
Now, now, play nice. Ride height adjustment is not new. Ground effects cars all had it after skirts were banned. That's why planks were introduced. I haven't seen anything saying you couldn't adjust the ride height during the race. Is that allowed? I have seen a system using a third spring/shock. I think it was in CART. Anyone?

Lonny

During a race is fine, but getting that done in a 4 second pit stop might be tricky.

The issue in play is that you cannot change it between qualification and the green lights... no one can figure out why the RBR can ride so low during qualification, and then not bottom out once filled with fuel without making that adjustment.

Just a random engineering question though... when are the cars filled for the race?  If it's done right after qualifying, that would give the RBR about 23 hoursin parc ferme to 'settle'.  A mechanism that self adjusts very slowly would work.  (I don't know how to make such a mechanism, but it would fit the letter of the rules, and the clarification)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 07:44:02 PM »
The system I'm referring to could be adjusted on the fly by the driver, with a mechanism similar to adjustable sway bars. Speculation now is that Red Bull has a self adjusting system similar to what some luxury cars use for "self leveling". :DntKnw:

Lonny
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle