collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 580
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Worst cars of all time  (Read 6489 times)

Online Dare

Worst cars of all time
« on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »
I've owned 2 on the list.The Vega[worst car ever]and
the Fiero[I liked it]

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=1131799&icid=autos_1260&GT1=22010

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Worst cars of all time
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:43:13 PM »
Whenever I read an article about cars on MSN, I get the feeling that whoever wrote it doesn't even drive!  :nono:

5 of their 10 worst were very good. The rumors about Pintos and Corvairs were lies dreamed up by Nader and his evil minion, Joan Claybrook. Joanie Phony even had to admit that the famous film of a Pinto erupting after a rear end crash was done with plastic jugs of gas and a radio detonator.

The Fiero was best car GM built between the late 60's and the introduction of the Pontiac Solstice. The entire drive train was shared with several front drive GM cars, simply moved to the back. No rumors about them.

I've driven a Yugo for 21 years, well over 200,000 miles. Actually, I've driven it like a rally car! I still love it!  :yahoo:

I saw another one of their "insightful" car articles listed below this one. "Are boring cars bad?" Maybe they could have another to go along with that - "Is a pig's butt pork?"  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
I always felt like the Prowler was a game of chicken between an executive and an engineer:

Exec:  "Can you make a car just like those classic hot rods?"

Eng:  "Absolutely!  That's why I got into this business in the first place!"

Exec:  "Beautiful, now put it into production!"

Eng:  "Um, you know it's not street legal, right?  The engine will never pass emissions, the transmission is for pros only, and there isn't any bumper at all."

Exec:  "Fine, so put in an engine that will pass, a tranmission that everyone can use, and put on a bumper."

Eng:  "WTF?"

Exec:  "Or you're fired."

Mopar Fantatics: "  :( "

Scuderia-F1

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »
I always felt like the Prowler was a game of chicken between an executive and an engineer:

Exec:  "Can you make a car just like those classic hot rods?"

Eng:  "Absolutely!  That's why I got into this business in the first place!"

Exec:  "Beautiful, now put it into production!"

Eng:  "Um, you know it's not street legal, right?  The engine will never pass emissions, the transmission is for pros only, and there isn't any bumper at all."

Exec:  "Fine, so put in an engine that will pass, a tranmission that everyone can use, and put on a bumper."

Eng:  "WTF?"

Exec:  "Or you're fired."

Mopar Fantatics: "  :( "
:DD :DD :DD

Online Dare

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »
A friend of mine has a Prowler and they look a
lot better in person,I'd take one in a heartbeat
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »

The only one on the list I have any experience of is the FIAT Strada, it was the next generation to the FIAT 128 with mostly the same front wheel running gear and engines.

The 128 was a great little car and was on par or ahead of its rivals, I drove one for about 2 years before our company purchased some Stradas in 1980 as replacements. They just didn't handle like the 128's, were hopelessly underpowered and had electrical problems, add to this very poor reliabilaty and you get one crappy car.  >:D

The firm stopped buying Fiats altogether 6 months after the first Stradas arrived, I managed to get out of mine by arranging a swap with guy from a sister company who didn't want his new Lancia Delta which was on long term demo loan. Now the Delta is one of my best memories of a company car, for it's time the handling was so good it was like driving on rails. :yahoo:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
1st time I've seen a picture of the Prowler, apart from the front bumper it's a good looking car, I'd have one too Dare, no probs.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle