collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 381
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Button to Win at Bahrain???  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Wizzo

Button to Win at Bahrain???
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »
Is Jenson Button the best prepared driver for the Bahrain GP?

Who is the driver who has completed the most kilometres on the test circuit? Answer: Button.

Who has posted the fastest time in testing? Button.

Team who have completed the most kilometres testing reliability of car and engine, experimenting with tyres and components? Button's Honda Racing.

Team who took up the opportunity (where, surprisingly, some did not  :o) to test in Bahrain three weeks ago, establishing useful data for the hot conditions? Honda Racing.

Fitness levels? More impressive than ever before: his physio and trainer declare him a "finely tuned athlete" after intense work, competing in triathlons and duathlons, in the Olympic training camp in Lanzarote.

Degree of competitive determination? Off the scale. Combination of unwanted record of 100 races without a win, a valuable yard-stick to measure himself against team-mate Rubens Barrichello, Michael Schumacher's former sidekick at Ferrari, and an innate determination to fulfil an addiction to winning, which began at the age of eight when he swept aside all opposition in kart racing.

Button has covered every base methodically, and pushed himself and the team hard. His confidence is high; he has done his absolute best to be primed. Best of British luck to him, he deserves a win.  ;D

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline vanquish89

Re: Button to Win at Bahrain???
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »
Good luck to Jenson! He is Britain's only true hope of a title at the moment and in my opinion he has put in the work and should reep the benefits soon enough!
vanquish89.... :D

speedemon

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 12:26:10 AM »
i really hope that jenson button has the luck for this season because he deff has the skill
go on jenson chase them of the track!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 10:40:11 AM »
I agree, ever since I saw Button in his first GP I knew he was going to be a star.

If Honda prove to be reliable then this could be his year. It's about time we had another British champ.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

speedemon

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:42:03 PM »
TALKING ABOUT RELYABILITY WITH THE NEW ENGINE RULES I.E 2.4L V8
WHICH WILL LOSE THEM ABOUT 150bhp WHOS ENGINE WILL GO FIRST
 :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
trouble with jens is that although he is a good smooth driver and does well in qual, when it comes to the race he seems to come apart a bit. But I would love to see him win a race because then I think he would be very hard to beat
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »
Yeah I think button would be even better once he gets a win under him. Like Mika was.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
I agree Ian, Jenson always comes through in qualifying and then throws it all away at the start. Is it Jenson or does Honda need to work on it's starting performance.

Wizzo

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 09:58:11 PM »
In answer to my own question, this is what Button has said about the start.  ::)

"It was a good afternoon after the first three seconds," said Button. "I went to go and nothing happened."
"We screwed the start, otherwise we would have been fighting with the two leaders, I'm sure of it."

Maybe next time, eh JB  ;D

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle